B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a technical question here....tried to start my car today and I have no luck about it. I only heard clicking noise when I turned the ignition. The battery was fine when I jumped start it... Is there any other cause of why it won't start?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
The clicking noise usually means not enough currant is available in the battery to turn the starter over. More than likely one of three things happened.

1. Your battery is going bad
2. Your alternator is going bad
3. You have something draining your battery while the car is off, either some kind of short or you left something on like the lights.

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
make sure the clamps are on the battery very tight. if its a bit loose, it can give you that click sound when you try to turn over.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Take the clamps off of the battery and clean with baking soda and water. Let them dri-coat the terminals and clamps with a light coat of Petroleum Jelly and reinstall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are very helpful. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
631 Posts
same thing happened to my car. personally, i'd say get a gell-cell battery (yellowtop / redtop)
mine was due to a bad ground. i replaced the pole clamps and havent had a problem since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts