B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car starts fine, runs for a minute, runs rough for a second and then stalls. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
you need to pull the codes, got new cps? clean the maf? checked your oil and coolant levels? did an idle relearn?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '04 Spec V with a similar stalling issue.

On start-up the car idles and within a few seconds the tach drops to 0 and either the idle bumps back up or stalls.

I cleaned the MAF with MAF electrical cleaner, let it dry(important), and so far the issue has not re-occurred!

I'm running a K&N air filter and suspect the oil ended up covering the MAF.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
On start-up the car idles and within a few seconds the tach drops to 0 and either the idle bumps back up or stalls.
you need a new crank sensor, or you have wiring issues from the crank sensor to the ecu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '04 Spec V with a similar stalling issue.

I cleaned the MAF with MAF electrical cleaner, let it dry(important), and so far the issue has not re-occurred!

I'm running a K&N air filter and suspect the oil ended up covering the MAF.

Good luck.
Follow-up
Cleaning the MAF only helped on a temporary basis.
-Changed the Crank sensor - it did not help.
-Changed the cam sensor - it did not help.

Finally swapped the drive by wire Throtle body...so far no issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Start pulling sensors out one by one. If the car runs the same with the sensor plugged in as it does when you pull it out, then it's that sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Follow-up
Cleaning the MAF only helped on a temporary basis.
-Changed the Crank sensor - it did not help.
-Changed the cam sensor - it did not help.
-Changed the fuel pump - it did not help.

Finally swapped the drive by wire Throtle body...so far no issues.

Fixed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car starts fine, runs for a minute, runs rough for a second and then stalls. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. What do you think?
This throws off the expected air fuel ratio and causes the vehicle to run lean. If you have a bad vacuum leak, the air fuel ratio will end up and When your engine starts but stops, concentrate your diagnostic ... as soon as you let the key return to the Run position, the engine dies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts