B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a pretty heavy box with 2 subs in the trunk which makes my car look lowered almost no wheel gap :)

now i put on some racing hart C-Type R 17" wheels on with a 215/45/17 tire and my car barely moves the first gear is non existant!

is there anything i can do to bump the accel up a bit? willing to spend few hundred :rolleyes:
by the way its a 2003 XE now with a tach gauge :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Its gotta be the tach gauge :D

jk, I would look into a different sub box. Get the old air-space formula and make your own.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
How heavy are the wheels? Also, even if the wheels are light, more force is needed to turn a wheel that is larger in size as the mass is further from the center of the hub. When I get wheels I'm not going any larger than 15's on my 1.8.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Just wait like 2 weeks, the car will get used to it and so will you. You will learn how to drive with it and wont feel so sluggish..

I felt the same when i tossed 18's on my B13. Having had 13" steelies to 18's on Z rated tire the change was huge and the car was dumb for about 2 weeks and then i forgot about it.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
just do what im doin and buy the PTI turbo kit thats comin out, or PM chimmike and buy his kit :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha ye the wheels are like 30-35LBS each

its just that when my mom drove it she said it was slow and that really hurt CUZ MY MOM SAID MY CAR IS SLOWW!!!!

maybe ill just go steal a 2.5L off some SER lol

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Thanks for the sig ;)

Try and get a custom fiberglass box made... that should help out the weight.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
03Sentra03 said:
its just that when my mom drove it she said it was slow and that really hurt CUZ MY MOM SAID MY CAR IS SLOWW!!!!
Uber PWN3D....lol

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
i feel ur pain man.

well kinda...
just yesterday i finally put in my audio mods which include a semi heavy box for 2 10's ... i felt the extra weight but its not that bad. just glad i got the spec pullin it

doesnt weigh me down nearly as much as i felt it did in my gxe

like the suggestions here, im already considering fiberglass or other alternatives

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the suggestions ill prolly do fiber glass and get rid of one kicker but as for my rims, lol prolly gonna sell and get some 15" lightweight

thanx

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
There is no way in hell your wheels weigh 30-35lbs each. Maybe about 20lbs or a bit more if they even weigh that much.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
yeah, i'm thinkin' he means wheels and tires weigh 30-35 lbs. racing harts shouldn't be that heavy anyways, at least i wouldn't think?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ye with tire
i meant the whole package

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
30-35lbs for a wheel and tire is LIGHT. Your car just has no power its not the rims. My rims weigh 16lbs a piece and with my Azenis' probably weigh almost 40lbs rim and tire combined. I think the difference is all in your head. Lets face it with a big box in your trunk and stock wheels your car couldnt get out of its own way and now with rims and tires it still cant. Decide what you want. If you want to go a little faster dump the 200lbs of weight in the trunk. If you would rather have the system just deal with it. If you want the system and to go faster your going to need a new car or a turbo. Bolt ons arent going to make a big difference on a QG. You might gain 10whp from a I/H/E which will be barely noticable and sure not worth the $1000 or so it will cost you.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
YELLOWV said:
30-35lbs for a wheel and tire is LIGHT. Your car just has no power its not the rims. My rims weigh 16lbs a piece and with my Azenis' probably weigh almost 40lbs rim and tire combined. I think the difference is all in your head. Lets face it with a big box in your trunk and stock wheels your car couldnt get out of its own way and now with rims and tires it still cant. Decide what you want. If you want to go a little faster dump the 200lbs of weight in the trunk. If you would rather have the system just deal with it. If you want the system and to go faster your going to need a new car or a turbo. Bolt ons arent going to make a big difference on a QG. You might gain 10whp from a I/H/E which will be barely noticable and sure not worth the $1000 or so it will cost you.
You sound like a chimmike turbo advocate.... :rolleyes:

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
YELLOWV said:
Or how about a system that can easily be removed for racing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts