B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm upgrading from my measly 10w0, and I was at a store today and had the hardest time deciding what to walk out of there with.

The candidates were:
1. JL10w3v2 in powerwedge
2. 10" Type R Ported
3. 10" Eclipse SW6102.4 BX (sealed and ported type deal)

The Eclipse was pretty nice, seemed to be louder than the JL, and generated great hip-hop type bass. But moving to techno, it couldn't keep up with rapid quick bursts of bass as well as the w3v2. Because I listen to various types of music, I wanted something that could handle various bass conditions well.

In the end, I walked out with the JL, but I've got 30 days should I change my mind. Does anyone have any input on these 3 subs? Your feedback is greatly apprecaited. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Forgot to mention, for the time being, the sub is powered by the rear channels of my 300/4, so bear that in mind when letting me know your thoughts. Thanks.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, I'm ballin' on a budget, man. I would have loved a 10w6v2, but my amp can't even power that right now. =( Any other options you'd recommend? ED is always in the back of my mind, also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i'm getting 3 audiobahn 10's for like 350..... there the 1000 models...... in a port sloted box..... it is gonna be bad balls dude!!

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
The three you have listed are all excellent subs... is the price differrence small btwn the three? I'd say your choice is just fine between the three.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Type R and Eclipse were $30 more. Between those two, the Eclipse had some awesome construction. After doing some reading, though, isn't that Eclipse like the lowest end sub they make?

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Most likely, but lowest end sub doesn't mean it isn't a good sub. I'm suprised the JL was cheaper than the typeR... thats suprising to me. All 3 were authorized if purchased?

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely. The JL was 249, the other 2 were 279. This doesn't preclude me going in and returning it after 29 days for a full refund, though. heh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If got a single 12w3v2 in my trunk..and for being over 2 years old it still pounds. The problem with JL's are you really need 2 of them to be loud. This weekend im goin and gettin 1 Audiobahn 1200Q and a memphis amp. Im goin with this setup cause ive seen what they can do. (my cousin hit 140.1 Db with this setup)

And just guess how much they cost.......175.00. HOLY CRAP. Show me a sub that can make those numbers and cost that little and ill give you one of my kidneys (im kidding)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts