B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I have the Hotshot header on order but now there's all this stuff about the catalytic convertor is built into the stock exhaust manifold. Is this true? Does anyone know if there are 2 cats on the B15's, like one in the manifold and one right before the exhaust? I have to pass smog every year to get my inspection sticker and if I don't have a cat, then I probably won't pass. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

M

·
0 Posts
John- THere are two cats. I looked when I changed the oil yesterday. It is very well hidden under all the heat shielding, but it is there. I was surprised. I didn't think Nissan had done that.

Emissions regulations vary so much from area to area, it is hard to say if and or how you'd be effected with the Hotshot header. You will be modifying emissions equipment, and that isn't good. THe header might be a "take off" item when emissions testing comes around.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
124 Posts
It doesn't explain why you sold your beautiful red 200sx though.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
100 Posts
What, there's actually two cats? I thought it was just heat shielding. Gonna have to take a better look at it. Damn it, that's going to make messing around with the exhaust manifold really tough.

Speaking of smog, I heard that in California, you don't have to get a smog check for four years after purchasing a new car, then after that it reverts to the every two years rule. Is this correct?

------------------
waiting for stromung, got the unorthodox

·
Registered
119 Posts
I actually brought this up on my own post and I don't think any one took me serious. If you look under the heat shield you'll find the first of two catalytic converters. This fact was mentioned in the June 2000 SCC. Sorry this makes it very difficult to add headers.

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
acutally rschauby,
It was your post that made me think about this whole thing. Thanks for looking out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts