B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ...I have a Sony Vaio Laptop i play DVD's on in the car(for passengers of course). However the speakers are not the greatest. In fact i can't hear much of anything especially on the highway. I was wondering if there is anyway to have the sound from the PC come out of my car speakers?

I have an Apline 9813 HU.

·
Registered
34 Posts
FM modulator. or, NOt sure about the alpine model but aux. in.

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
Do you have a set of RCA's coming out of the back of your headunit? If you do, then yes. Hook a set of RCA's up to the back and go out any buy yourself an RCA to 1/4" phono jack cable. You'll also need a set of female to female connectors. Hook the phono jack to the headphone jack on your laptop, hook the other end of the phono jack to the RCA from your HU and set your headunit to AUX.

Did I confuse you :)

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
blaqdragon said:
ok ...I have a Sony Vaio Laptop i play DVD's on in the car(for passengers of course). However the speakers are not the greatest. In fact i can't hear much of anything especially on the highway. I was wondering if there is anyway to have the sound from the PC come out of my car speakers?

I have an Apline 9813 HU.

why are watching movies on the highway

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
CustomSentra1 said:
Do you have a set of RCA's coming out of the back of your headunit? If you do, then yes. Hook a set of RCA's up to the back and go out any buy yourself an RCA to 1/4" phono jack cable. You'll also need a set of female to female connectors. Hook the phono jack to the headphone jack on your laptop, hook the other end of the phono jack to the RCA from your HU and set your headunit to AUX.

Did I confuse you :)

Thats probably your best cheapest bet.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Thats probably your best cheapest bet.
I know a lot of alpines need some 20 dollar peice that converts the aux in on the rear (normally for CD changers) over to RCAs... from there... jsut run a cable to the side of the console. voila!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts