B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that on some of the websites that sell cam shafts for the QR25 that is mentions "mildy rough idle" and I was just wondering if anyone who has actually installed some, whether it be the Nismo ones or others, as to what they thought about it since they have first-hand experience. Does it add any rough idle or not enough to really notice? And if so, how "mild" is it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I was refering to the QR25 motor.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
the cams for the qr25 aren't rough at all really... I think the CVTC system really smooths them out. Just make sure to have them installed correctly.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Exactly... C-VTC will readjust intake cam timing to avoid but overlap created by agressive cams and to remove the "burble" sound. Idle should be smooth just like stock or close to it.

And what is more great is all that are plug'n'play!!! No need to adjust anything, the ECM will readjust this automaticly ;)

And there is 2 brands of cams available for the QR25 right now... the Nismo and the JWT. Both are great but the JWT and a little more agressive to gain more on the top-end. But the Nismo are super too and they won't loose too much low end torque and they are more friendly for "street" premium octane gaz and for stock ignition timing (JWT might misfire).

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
009 -2.0 SE- said:
What makes you say that?
Because the cam profile is more agressive and some people has experienced misfire trouble with JWT cams.

But easy way to fix the problem is just to pull back ignition timing a bit and you're fine ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I thought nismo was the more aggressive cam of the two. Correct me if I'm wrong

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
KDAL said:
I thought nismo was the more aggressive cam of the two. Correct me if I'm wrong
I correct you, it's wrong! The JWT are the most agressive out of the two.

Basicly, because Nismo is sell by Nissan dealers, they prefer to have more safe and conservative products, even if they are R-tune.

But the difference between two is minimal as what I've read here...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
The difference is negligible really... I believe they are 2 degrees different.

the JWT cams also come with directions, and are labeled intake and exhaust. Nismo cams IIRC are not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
JWT makes the Nismo cams. same dog with different collar. but JWT cams are a little little little more aggresive. besides JWT are cheaper ;)

i have the JWT cams. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
SE-R RACER said:
JWT makes the Nismo cams. same dog with different collar. but JWT cams are a little little little more aggresive. besides JWT are cheaper ;)

i have the JWT cams. :)
Where did you hear this???????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts