B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would s15 sylvia cams fit in the b15 sentra? im not too sure, theyre both rollers and both sr20. help me out here.
btw...the valve cover fits :)

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing this too. Some one should find out. (I wouldn't know how to though)

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
that wouldn't be an easy test to do considering the engine is so new and I highly doubt anyone has tried it yet....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
very intersting topic.... im going to bring this up to Biggie at SR20 and maybe talk to JWT about it.......

i wanted cams like 2 months ago.... would have had them too.... but we have roller cams... and so the saga continues.. :(

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeap that is absolutely correct, our cams were changed from hydraulic cams to roller cams, which I think is a good thing, but for ease of mod wise it is not so good. the roller cams will actually be good for performance, but adjusting the lash and lift, etc. will not be as easy, I will bring it up to JUN this coming week and see what me and them can work out, I will keep everyone updated with things at JUN.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
please..... keep us posted... i want cams BAD!!! :D

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I talked to Ben about the pulleys, he said that they were starting to work on cams/ECU. He thinks fall at the earliest, but he was fairly confident next year stuff will be out for us. He also mentioned not having a b15 CARB legal header. More of a modified b14 header that had the O2 sensor in the correct place, and he said that header was hit or miss. Right now, he said some people were adding on the O2 sensor fitting themselves.

But, the cams may not be as effective without a good header.

So sit tight, stuff is coming out slowly.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just wanted this forum to be on the top again..hehe. but this is a reminder to find out! anybody in el cajon go visit jim wolfe. how come hes always on lunch break? well help me out here, cams would be great.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
JWT is already working on cams. They are just basically waiting to get them tested. So sometime when jwt gets a little bit of free time and they can find a test mule there should be something out soon.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

G

·
I think owning a B15 would be a prerequisite since we have the different valvetrain. :)

That is good news on the Cams though. So, maybe by fall we'll have some real power available, eh?

I knew that header was gonna be a problem. there is no way they can get around that cat.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Coming from an owner of cars with engines that have roller rockers... The cams is a roller also. Rollor camshafts are MUCH harder than regular cams. Because there is less friction from the valvetrain more lift and duration can be used. Bigger roller cams have less effect on emissions and have better performance than soild-lifer camshafts. So it's a good thing! Crane is heavy into the import market now, so I would give them a call and see when some roller cams for the SR20 would be coming out. You might also wanna contant Crower and ZECX/Comp cams.

Tony

------------------
'95 Neon base - [email protected] 65hp shot

'98 Neon ACR sedan [email protected] intake/exhaust/mounts/computer

'95 Highline sedan - not yet

·
Registered
940 Posts
the new b15 sr20de engine is different, mainly in the crank and upper head and valvetrain. it might not work

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does anybody have specs on the diameters of the lobes for both cams? and is it true that you can tell if it works by laying the new cams in and turning it?

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts