B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have any of you broke into 12s w/ travis's kit I have not seen anyone do so but i could be wrong. Im about to boost my 04 and was wanting to hit mid to high 12's w/o new internals (yet) I was just wanting to know if anyone has done this.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
silversky said:
Hey have any of you broke into 12s w/ travis's kit I have not seen anyone do so but i could be wrong. Im about to boost my 04 and was wanting to hit mid to high 12's w/o new internals (yet) I was just wanting to know if anyone has done this.
Your engine will hold up to 260whp before it starts to eat itself.

So in short, no. You won't break into the 12's without motor work.

-joe

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i beg to differ i know plenty of guys who run hondas that have 250-260 hp that can dip into 12s. It takes a good driver but it can be done i would think.W/ the nismo wheels and a good 8 in bfg drag tire power shifting u should be able to get some good numbers.

·
F*ck You Hippies
525 Posts
i don't think you will without at least doing some weight reduction. most hondas breaking into the 12s with that power weigh less than our car by at least a couple hundred pounds

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
silversky said:
Well i beg to differ i know plenty of guys who run hondas that have 250-260 hp that can dip into 12s. It takes a good driver but it can be done i would think.W/ the nismo wheels and a good 8 in bfg drag tire power shifting u should be able to get some good numbers.
All things being equal, a turbocharged Spec V with a turbo kit will not see 12 second slips making 250-260whp.

If you work up the suspension, use slicks, reduce weight, etc, then yes. An otherwise "stock" turbocharged Spec V won't see those slips.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea true u have a point but even still my budy has a 02 wrx w/ 283 whp but before he had that he had 240 whp and ran a 13.3 and he is a horrible driver. and that car did not pull hard at all but it put down good track numbers. i just dont want to spend 4 grand and only run in the 13s thats just no bueno.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
silversky said:
yea true u have a point but even still my budy has a 02 wrx w/ 283 whp but before he had that he had 240 whp and ran a 13.3 and he is a horrible driver. and that car did not pull hard at all but it put down good track numbers. i just dont want to spend 4 grand and only run in the 13s thats just no bueno.
AWD makes a world of difference on the hole-shot.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not realy have u ever driven a all wheel drive car? its harder for your normal driver to get it out of the hole with out killling the clutch they have a light fly wheel from the factory and not alot of power to push it out of the hole. i can jump a car and 1/2 on him till we hit the 60 ft mark.

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
silversky said:
not realy have u ever driven a all wheel drive car? its harder for your normal driver to get it out of the hole with out killling the clutch they have a light fly wheel from the factory and not alot of power to push it out of the hole. i can jump a car and 1/2 on him till we hit the 60 ft mark.
he must suck then... tell him to just drop the clutch at 5k rpms.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See thats what i mean not to dog you but there is no need for that just learn how to use the clutch to ur advantage and fether it out of the hole from 23-26 hundred rpms. launching from 5 will break things

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
silversky said:
i just dont want to spend 4 grand and only run in the 13s thats just no bueno.
Than you may as well get rid of your Sentra, cause it is highly unlikely that you will ever see 12's without internals in addition to the turbo.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i plan on doing internals just no right off hand. i was going to hold off on it for a while untill jwt came out w/ some.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
you have cams? I think Norlandt dynoed some 27something HP off of stock boost on Travis' kit... he had cams in the car...

Also, you might want to consider some basset 15x8's and slicks.. those will help out a lot...

With real good driving, I can see you running 12.9ish... it depends on a lot of things, Your clutch will take a **** however.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
silversky said:
Yes. I have.

And yes. AWD will launch much harder out of the hole. Your friend can't drive for sh-t. (no offense)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
With real good driving, I can see you running 12.9ish... it depends on a lot of things, Your clutch will take a **** however.
I agree. Weight reduction would help a lot too.

I think the key here is that you wont run 12's with a kit ONLY. You'll need a few other things as well. Its possible though.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
I think the key here is that you wont run 12's with a kit ONLY.
Exactly.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
kit, cams, 3" turboback, slicks, gut the car (seats and trunk schit) balance shaft removal and you should be there.. Providing you can drive a FWD with that kind of power. JWT clutch and flywheel is also needed simply due to power.. it will also help the turbo spool due to less reciprocating mass..

I would also like to point out Armin was pretty much set to bust 12's on spray... and was probably making close to the same WHP as what I posted.. it's all in the driving at that point.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Yes... you can easily see 12's on some slicks. I broke into the 12's with a 240sx with 240whp on slicks... and it weighs about the same as the Spec V. I cut a 1.8 60ft time.. that's where it counts. And you'll only do that on slicks with a FWD car.

Travis

1 - 20 of 86 Posts