B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys, have any first hand experience on the performance differences between a cai and a pop charger intake, is there that big of a difference?I ran a Stillen pop charger on my 94 SE-R,liked it a lot, so I got one for my 2,001 se. Noticeable power improvement in the higher rpms.Just curious. Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Best person to talk to is Sentra Styling..

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've actually just went from a Stillen pop-cone to a Place Racing CAI...
There is a bit of a difference I noticed the CAI having alot more pep over the pop-cone especially when you hit anything over 4000rpm's...It's also somewhat quieter as well until you hit that 4000rpm's range....
The cold air intake kicks in nicely and you'll notice it when you have your gas pegged to the floor...
But don't get me wrong the pop-cone wasn't all that bad...but if you can pick up a used pop-cone cheap i'd say go for that but if you buy it new I'd say spend the few extra bucks and get the CAI......

Maxx got anything to add :D

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey, I'm not Maxx, but I gots something! :p

As for my experience, I had a similar POP charger setup for my old GXE, which I did notice a nice kick of power from stock, and the sound was real nice. That was in a GA16DE.

My current setup, with my PR CAI, I have noticed a tremendous amount of growl after 4000 RPM's that sound great! The pull is much more noticeble compared to stock without a doubt.

In my opinion, if you have the money, go with the CAI. If you call Courtesy Nissan, I believe they have POP chargers on sale between 90 and 120 bucks on any given day. Place Racing makes a Cold Air Intake that would run you around 200 bucks. The last group deal, people were stealing them for around $150. Not too bad in that instance. Save and get the CAI! :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Woops, and I have to also give props to Import Performance Parts, www.importperformanceparts.com. They also have regular deals for our cars. Try them all out. :)

Place Racing would have to be bought pretty much from PR themselves.

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Can someone give me the number for PRI again. I can't seem to find it and I really want to order my CAI.Thanks

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
Can someone give me the number for PRI again. I can't seem to find it and I really want to order my CAI.Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
www.placeracing.com

:)

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
that will do ,thanks a lot :)

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
that will do ,thanks a lot :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely not a problem. The chick on the phone most of the time is alright, she doesn't know very much about the product, except she does all of the ordering. If you want technical answers, try to get Gilbert. He's pretty awesome.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
deffiently talk to gilbert ....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

G

·
yeah, that chick sucks ***. I am ordering my PR intake this afternoon.....so, I might have one by Summer! *clapping hands*

Heck, I might need to order a B*16* intake at the rate I'm going. :D

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Place Racing CAI (eventually)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered
259 Posts
having both the JWT pop and the PR CAI, i can attest there is a difference. 4k rpm seems to be the magic number when it comes to pull. you will feel it all thru the powerband, slightly, but more so at the 4k+ mark.

either one is an improvement over stock but the CAI will net you more gain due to the colder, more dense air.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
yeah, that chick sucks ***. I am ordering my PR intake this afternoon.....so, I might have one by Summer! *clapping hands*

Heck, I might need to order a B*16* intake at the rate I'm going. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man Max, wish you were still a part of the PR deal. That would have been great man. That chick, I have no idea what her name is, but she doesn't seem to have a clue, other than doing the ordering for customers. I need to talk with Gilbert. :p

------------------
Marvin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts