B15 Sentra Forum banner

Cai Help Asap

769 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  enyce07 
#1 ·
I want to convert my hotshot intake to a short ram tonight and i do not knwo what to do with the sensor that plugs into the bottom part of the CAI...where do i put it and can anyone give me directions on how to do it? thanks

#6 ·
it doesnt matter that i have a CAI cause i know the tech but i need to drive 3 hrs through the hurricane before i get home
i dont want anything to happen

#7 ·
SpecVracer315 said:
i dunno the set up for the QG , but on the QR the MAF is right before the longest part that goes into the fender, remove that and put a short piece (like 2 inch) and then the air filter. thats what i do during winter so i don;t get sh*t in my engine.
he is refering to the intake air temprature sensor.. i dont think qr cars have this...

#8 ·
supalax15 said:
so its okay if i leave the sensor out

i am bringing it into the dealer tomorrow
dont disconnect the sensor from the harness just pull it out of the cai...

why is it going to the dealer??

#9 ·
SR20dee said:
why is it going to the dealer?? [/B]

check up and something with my dipstick...it broke somehow and fell iin so they have to fish it out...

#11 ·
supalax15 said:
check up and something with my dipstick...it broke somehow and fell iin so they have to fish it out...
good luck with the dipstick personal experiance.. its a pain to get out.. theymay just pull the pan..

#12 ·
SR20dee said:
good luck with the dipstick personal experiance.. its a pain to get out.. theymay just pull the pan..
yea thats what my friend told me....

thanks for all the info everyone...i just did it...i left the sensor somewhere where it wont get wet....thanks again

#13 ·
haha, why are you converting to wai? i know why... CAUSE HURRICANE ISABEL OWNZ YOUUUUUUUUUUU... haha.... im drivin the sisters car around tomorrow....

#15 ·
supalax15 said:
... The same thing happened to me... my oil dipstick (the yellow handle) broke off and the metal part got stuck in the damn tube (about 6 inches down also)...
Had to use the same material to paste on winshields to the car with.. some black looking material... put it on the tip of a screwdriver ... heated it up with a match and use it as an adhesive to stick onto the metal part of the dipstick that was in the tube (by the way, the metal part has oil on it, makes it harder to grab or stick onto) Don't use tape or glue if you do this yourself... Well anyhow this black stuff worked and is really great as for an adhesive... well lemme know how you get the damn thing out... if the dealer happens to do it for you also... ask em how they did it... might have a special tool that can go down there and pull it out...

#18 ·
just run a dry wall screw into the top of it that broke and get a magnet to pull the screw out. that is what i had to do. or take it to the car wash with big strong vacuums and try to suck it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.