B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been waiting for my shipment for more then a month now. stillen has been giving me the run around.

do you folks now any other company that offers crossed drilled rotors. stillen is just not working out.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
damn...... 2500 thats a grip!!!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you might just wanna stick with the Stillen's....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, but will not pay $2500. i really don't enjoy having a nissan sentra anymore. no one has parts! honda is the way, i guess, if you want some after market stuff. all local shops have a dozen different brands of rotors for hondas, but none fore the sentra!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
call nopi and see if the have any powerstop rotors for you. 800-277-6674 or email william @ [email protected]

personally, i think you'd be better off with slotted than cross drilled.

------------------
MY PAGE

[This message has been edited by 2000SE (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
all nopi has on the website is a set of brembro solid rotors for $41.51,,,,so i'm sure they are nothing special judging by the price...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm having some troubles with downloading the Baer catalog so i'm gonna have to make some phone calls this week to see what anyone has.....
I will keep everyone posted on this

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got a drill press?

------------------
I wish my garage included '67 Toyota 2000GT, several years of 240Zs, my crunched '85 Supra, the last Supra and 300ZX Turbos, Lotus Elise, and my first, a '79 Celica GT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Danny, I laughed until tears about the cross-drilled drums idea, then I thought...could it hurt? Would it help?

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
cross-drilled drums??????? does the GXE have drums in the rear or something???or am i just missing something??

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
37 Posts
pretty sure just the SE got disks at the rear.

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REV4EVR:
Danny, I laughed until tears about the cross-drilled drums idea, then I thought...could it hurt? Would it help?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know I thought the same thing after I wrote that. I'm sure if it helped they would have made them.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the advise. i found a company in NY called SP sports which carry corssed drilled rotors for $155 a pair. they are both drilled and slotted.

now, i need to know why it is cheaper then the dealer prices ($110 each)

will give updates when i get more info and the product.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the advise. i found a company in NY called SP sports which carry corssed drilled rotors for $155 a pair. they are both drilled and slotted.

now, i need to know why it is cheaper then the dealer prices ($110 each)

will give updates when i get more info and the product.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
do you have a website address or telephone number????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, you have to be very careful when you get drilled and/or slotted rotors. The reason is this. Some of the rotors, even from reputable sources, were originally designed just as plain rotors, and then the decision was made later to add holes or slots. As you might be able to guess, this weakens the rotors significantly; to the point even that they will crack. That's bad. This goes for the drums too. I just hope you weren't serious about those. But if you want your car to just look cool, go with whoever you want, and look for some sort of non-cracking gaurentee. Just don't expect the rotors to last more than 25,000 miles under light use. If you want something that looks good that you can beat on, try brembo. They have several patented rotor design technologies to prevent failure under stress.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts