B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in these wheels and these tires for my spec. I want to be able to swap between summer/winter tires easily cause the weather in Calgary changes quickly and often. Planning on 16x7s and 205/55s. Tirerack shows the BFGs rating pretty high in all areas for All-seasons.

First off, any advice for or against either of these would be appreciated. Second, for anyone in Calgary, where do you recommend purchasing wheels/tires from?

I've been looking at Kaltire, Fountain Tire and T & T Honda, but I'd appreciate any advice on who to go to and who to stay away from.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Nice wheels.
There are 2 places to buy tires in Calgary:
-Kal Tire, for Falken FK451's, rated with Toyo T1S, Yok ES100, cost 1/3 as much
-My Tires, talk to Anand the owner- he'll get you almost any tire you want for less than any other quote you could possibly get.

BF's are nice, but overpriced, and you CANNOT beat Kal's customer service. Heck, I bought my Nokian NRZi's from them strictly because I like Kal so much, and I had never heard of Nokian before!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I'm sorry but a Toyo T1-S is not in the same category as Falken FK451 or a ES100
It's more of a Potenza S-03 challenger. Not sure how sticky yher 451 is but the ES100 is no competition! If you want to compare it to a Yokohama tire then compare it to the AVS Sport

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
That was from a reputable Canadian Tire Dealer.
Frankly, it surprised the hel_l outta me, as I thought T1S's, SO3's and such were good enough to belong on cars I'll never afford, and my dreams only.
Even if the FK451's are not quite T1S territory, they're hella bang for the buck, PLUS you get the most incredible customer service. Plus, we don't have the new BFG tire yet.(the one SCC loves so much)
I've been to most of the tire shops around Calgary, and most of them honsetly do not care about developing a relationship with customers, even to earn repeat business from guys like me who drive too hard and burn through tires.
They just want a 1-time sale- it's hard to find a good deal. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts