B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Maryland area had their butterfly valve screws checked? If so, did you do it yourself or where did you have it done? I have read all the threads on the site, but I haven't seen one where someone has mentioned where. I was thinking of going to altered atmosphere to get it done, but if anyone out there has a suggestion let me know. My car is a '03 with a 10/02 build date, and I am just under 17000 miles. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
about 2 months ago i had my butterfly valce screws come of in cyl. 4 and had to take it to Vob Nissan to get it fixed. The first time i went they said that the spark plug was at 0 gap and they clead all the spark plugs and regapped. a week later the service engine soon light comes on again and they told me the same thing. "Misfire cyl. 4 " they checked again and the plug was clean and had .45 gap. they accused me of messing with the plugs. i told them that i work on $70,000 dollar cars so how the hell could i mess up a 17,000 dollar car? They did'nt know what happened and my car sat for a week. they called nissan of north america and they told them what to do. They replace the section where the runners are. The other screws were all loose in cyl. 1-3. thats what happend to pride an joy -

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it myself today and it was easier that I thought. ALL the screws were there and tight. Let me know if you need any help with your own project. I seriously recommend checking this out because it will save you from many problems down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts