B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else had the same problem but every time i get my oil changed it smells like burnging oil for the whole day . i have been to several places to have it changed and no matter where i go it always smells has anyone had the same problem? I have a 2000 GXE
and is there anything i can do ?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
145 Posts
It has happened to me once with this new car, I have been going to the same place for many many years to get my oil changed. What happened was that they were messy and careless, and spilled oil on the wire mesh insullation at the base of your header where your exhaust starts.The place that I go to after one day of fumes and smoke I went back and read them the riot act. They cleaned it up and promised to be more careful in the future. Adios Amigos

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea...

to them it's just a job. Quicker they do it the longer they have to screw off before the next job. I'm sorry, but I can't handle the $7/hour guy f*(&^$$ ck with my car

·
Registered
783 Posts
It happens to me with every change, no matter where I take it. Apparently it is very easy to drip some oil on the exhaust when draining it. It doesn't seem to matter who does it. I've had nine changes so far, at several different places, and it has always happened. I try to make sure I have a strech of highway driving right after the service, so I won't notice it as it burns off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts