B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals...

alright, I know that most of yall dont have a front license plate... that's all fine and dandy... however, here in Texas it's the state law to have 2 plates (back AND front) so the dealer installed one on the front bumper...

When I take it off, I got 2 screw holes, any way to fix it?? Or at least patch it up? I've noticed that Honda's have these lil things that fill the hole and are the same paint color and just sit on top like... "hole-covers"

suggestions?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If its a state law in your state, why are you removing them ? did you move ? or live in another state ?.

BTw,Im sorry I dont have any info to help you with patching the wholes.

G

·
I don't run a front plate either. Supposedly, Honda sells little body colored plugs that will fit in the holes. Depending on what color your car is, you may be able to find something that will match. The problem that I have is that there is a little raised lip on my bumper. I need to shave that off before I can stick anything in the holes.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Try filling it with bondo and putting some touch-up paint over it.

Also, you could go to Home Depot. I've seen these little plastic mushroom looking plugs that you could probably put in the holes just like the Honda plugs. Again, you would have to use touch-up paint on em.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I bought a lil bottle of my paint, so all I need is something to put in the holes... I'm guessin just a cheap lil plastic thing 'll do... thanks guys

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey alex, where did you get te touch up paint, from the dealer? cuz i need some touch up paint myself and the color "radium" is hard to match. I don't have a front plate either and i think i was just going to go to honda, pick up a couple of those plugs and then paint them myself then put them in. That's my only suggestion to anyone that is looking to fill in those holes.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think I'll go to Honda too... but where? Honda.com??

I got the paint from a local automotive paint supply store... called English Color Supply... The Radium color is "KV9" as indexed in their catalogs and books. Its on the front drivers side door on the bottom panel. It says color: KV9

Anyway, I just went to that store (looked it up in phone book) and went there in person and picked up a small bottle it cost me about 8 bucks for enough to paint about a square foot thinly.

But now I gotta find the plugs..........

·
Registered
446 Posts
where do you live!!

hey alex, where do you live in texas bro? I want to meet up with ya if you are close to Austin! I haven't had my front license plate on since January when I bought the car haven't been pulled over once! (knock on wood)

-iLL

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in Dallas, iLL.. Plano actually.

I'll probably be joinin up with SCC when they hit Fort Worth on their way to Houston for the World Import Competition on June 8-10.

Sounds like fun anyway.

No ticket yet? good good, I figure its probably safe, cuz I see Hondas, Vettes, BMWs, everything without a front plate on... So I'm gonna look for those plugs, any ideas on where to get or order them?

·
Registered
60 Posts
alex, you could either go online to honda.com or you could just go to the honda dealership at their service department, i think that would be much easier in my opinion, but that's all up to you to decide. I say the dealer because it would be easier to find, just simply ask and i'm pretty sure they have plenty in stock of any color. (that wouldn't matter though cuz you would need to paint them the color of your car). If you went online, you would have to probably do some heavy searching to find them, since it's not that big of a thing to have for most people and you might have to pay for shipping (i don't know for sure though).

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks for all ur info,

I got a couple round pieces of plastic that are used to cover up screws in book cases and I painted them my car color... then since they didn't exactly PLUG in snuggly, I used some 3M emblem adhesive to seal em off. The glue is the same as the type used to glue on the Nissan emblem or what have you, it should be able to melt off (in case I get a ticket and need to put the plate back on)

I'll put up a pic asap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts