B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i feel silly posting after those threads of people having their cars stolen and\or wrecked, but here goes anyway. i woke up this morning and got all ready for work. i went outside and looked at my car as always to take in the '04 beauty and :D turned to :eek: . i've got a group of scratches starting on the passenger side taillight all the way up the side of my car to the middle of the passenger side door. i've made a point to NEVER park near a shopping cart and almost every time i leave it in a parking lot, its by itself. i always look at my car before i leave work so i have no clue where the scratches came from. i asked some dude at work to check it out cuz he's pretty good with cars and he said they weren't deep (as far as i'm concerned they might as well have been stab marks through the doors) so they can be buffed out. i'm gonna try to ask my cousin who works at a mazda dealership if his boss who does the recons can take a quick buffer to it for a few bucks or something. is there anything i need, like paint that he'll need? also...just so i dont come off cheap or get ripped off, how much is a buff job on shallow scratches like that? sorry for the length, but i feel like i'm gonna throw up here...thanks guys i appreciate it :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those scratchs are gonna be the least of your problems.....once your paint starts chipping off. It will make the scratches look good.

You can get like buffing compound. 3M makes some to remove the scratchs

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a bunch of scratches in my car, and the dealer was able to use touch up paint from nissan, and wet-sanded the rest. I would suggest that they try the wet sanding. I can't see any of the scratches now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts