B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I did the BSR kit on Tuesday, let it set over night, filled up on Wed and drove it a little to check for leaks. Everything is good and the car felt great. I get up this morning and it was very damp and a little cold out. Start the car once and it made this click clank noise before it turned over (almost as if there was a box wrench on the frame) so I shut it off immediately. Waited 30 seconds and tried it again, the noise was still there so I let it run for a minute. Turned off the car and then started it up again, the noise was not there.

Now, I am leaning toward this is a new sound and it is happening because the car was cold. I would just like to know if this has happend to anyone else or if I fcuked something up.

Thanks

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
sure there is enough oil in it?
after i did mine i could hear the valves chattering a lot more

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Linkcap said:
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I did the BSR kit on Tuesday, let it set over night, filled up on Wed and drove it a little to check for leaks. Everything is good and the car felt great. I get up this morning and it was very damp and a little cold out. Start the car once and it made this click clank noise before it turned over (almost as if there was a box wrench on the frame) so I shut it off immediately. Waited 30 seconds and tried it again, the noise was still there so I let it run for a minute. Turned off the car and then started it up again, the noise was not there.

Now, I am leaning toward this is a new sound and it is happening because the car was cold. I would just like to know if this has happend to anyone else or if I fcuked something up.

Thanks
heh, i just noticted that ur from IL,
u should come drinkin w/ us

·
Registered
60 Posts
NISMO82 said:
heh, i just noticted that ur from IL,
u should come drinkin w/ us
after you are good and drunk you can all work on your cars, yeah!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put in about 5 3/4 quarts of oil and it looks good. Thanks for the answers. I took it out a couple more times today and it seems fine.

NISMO82

Where you from? Drinking sounds realy good right now. That's pretty much all we do is drink and work on cars. I have a pretty good shop right now in my garage. We have done a full on Sylvia conversion for my buddy, and are starting two more with in the next couple weeks. You should come by sometime and check it out.

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Linkcap said:
I put in about 5 3/4 quarts of oil and it looks good. Thanks for the answers. I took it out a couple more times today and it seems fine.

NISMO82

Where you from? Drinking sounds realy good right now. That's pretty much all we do is drink and work on cars. I have a pretty good shop right now in my garage. We have done a full on Sylvia conversion for my buddy, and are starting two more with in the next couple weeks. You should come by sometime and check it out.
Damn dude, there are a quite a few of us here in the western burbs, hell I'm in Naperville just a hop skip and a jump from Aurora =) We have been known to frequent the fine establishment known as Hooters out by the mall on occasion... ok more than on occasion but anyway. Stop by the Midwest forum and introduce yourself, its predominantly Chicago area folks that post in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UUUHhhmmmm............HOOTERS. I was just there, of course just for the food. I am thinking of setting up another "car show" at my house sometime soon. The last one I had involved my 3 of my buddies AMS 1 g's a couple of 2 g's and 4 fully built Sylvias. I would love to include a bunch of Specs. I got about 3 acres of land with a house that I am tearing down early next year so needless to say, we get drunk... trash it... and start a 30 foot fire in the pit out back. We do indeed know how to have some fun. I would like to post it on that forum, but I also don't want 75 people showing up. If you don't mind, I'll just pm you and NISMO82 when the next one is going on and you guys and tell a few others and make it into a good time.

Later

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
dammnn...wish i could come drinking with you guys..

30 foot firess!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
i'm down, i'll be waiting for the pm

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drive on down Metalhead..... haven't you ever heard of a road trip? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts