B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know who on this board still have their balance shafts in place and have not done anything to their knock sensor?

I would like to know what kind of dyno numbers you guys are getting????????????? (ie full bolt ons-cai,h,ex, etc..) but balance shafts and knock sensor are still in place. Anybody in the 165-175hp range with these intact?

Just trying to do some research. TIA

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
I am at 166whp w/ the BS's out and KS grounded. There are a few guys higher but I believe they have the BS's out and KS gounded as well. From what I have seen some I/H/E cars are around 164whp and that is good. Nobody w/ just bolt ons is near 170 more or less 175. A couple of guys are around 170 but have BS's out and the KS mod.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I would like to know who on this board still have their balance shafts in place and have not done anything to their knock sensor?

I would like to know what kind of dyno numbers you guys are getting????????????? (ie full bolt ons-cai,h,ex, etc..) but balance shafts and knock sensor are still in place. Anybody in the 165-175hp range with these intact?

158whp Is the highest I have seen with fully bolts ons and the k/s and b/s in place.

·
Registered
271 Posts
At one point, Pio and I had the same mods, except he had BS out/KS in and I had BS in/KS out.

On Dyno day:

Pio = 159hp
Me = 157hp

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
Thanks guy, what about GSER7 and his numbers????????

Also anyone with pulleys replaced.
my last numbers were 163.2whp and 179.7lbft. that was done with I/H/E/P/TA/KS and the b/s assembly still in place.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts

BTW, what's up Jermaine?

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
WOW 180 pounds of torue huh, well KS and BS are in my near future. But I still need more data.
what data are you looking for jermaine. I have dyno tested the k/s mod on several cars and done this mod to 12 different se-r/spec v none of them have had a problem. The b/s mod only brings up one issue and thats the warrenty, but if you know what the b/s assembly is doing to your oil you know you are better off with out it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
AEM CAI, HS Header, Greddy Cat-back, UR Pulley, S-AFCII...
KS and BS still in place...
I pulled out 161.5 whp and 169.2 wtq...

I'd post the dyno if I could but I don't have a scanner...

Also,, haven't tuned the AFC correctly... I don't have that kind of access to a dyno to sit there and tune and run,, tune and run...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cortrim1 said:
what data are you looking for jermaine. I have dyno tested the k/s mod on several cars and done this mod to 12 different se-r/spec v none of them have had a problem. The b/s mod only brings up one issue and thats the warrenty, but if you know what the b/s assembly is doing to your oil you know you are better off with out it.
Yeah I know Mike about the BS frothing the oil and all that junk. What I'm trying to determine is what kind of dyno number I can pull NA with bolt ons and maybe some cams without doing the bs (yep warranty issues) and ks mod (91 CRAPPY Cali fuel) yes I know about Dave Colemans car and how they have not run into any problems.

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
anyone want to take a guess at what i would dyno at w/ my mods? i plan on doing that soon

1 - 20 of 95 Posts