B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want the bridgestone re950 and i can get them for 156 canadian, installed and balanced.

the guy at the shop is telling me that the yokohama avid t4 is a better tire, better performance. his price for the yoko is 140 installed and balanced.

these prices are great - 105us for the 950s and 95us for the yokos.

looking for opinions on yoko versus these new bridgestones.

G

·
Those Bridgestones are a new model. They are the "All-season" version of the 930. To my knowledge, no one on the board has them.

Everyone does like the 930's though. I guess the 950 would be a decent tire aswell. It is an all season tread, so it won't perform to the level as the 930's.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Actually they are supposed to perform better overall than the 930's. There is a review on them at tirerack.com. IT looks like some of the technology that went in to their S-03 also went it to this tire. The 930's appear to be on close-out at tirerack. The 205/55-16 is going for only $57 right now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
WOW, they're better but their treadwear is 400?!? That's pretty good. I always thought that the higher the treadwear the sticker the tire so it has better handling. I don't know these things....can someone explain? :)

How good are the 950's compared to the RE730's? What about the Kumho 712's? Going to get rid of these aweful Firehawks. :(

[Edited by Crimson on 05-11-2001 at 10:28 AM]

·
Registered
331 Posts
No, in fact the lower the treadwaer, the more sticky the tire is... I had Yokos A-520 with a treadwear of 180, and they melted as fast as ice cream!!!!

The higher the treadwear, the more durable the tire is!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oops...that's what I meant. I was thinking of one thing but wrote the other. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crimson - the re950s are all season - well they can handle light snow anyway - the re730s are strictly summer.

the performance of the re950s is said to be just less than the re730s, but tireack is just about to publish a full test result against other all season performance tires.

also the 950 uses newer technology than the 730 - the wet traction after 20,000 miles is said to be far far better that any other aqua-groove wet tire after the same milage.

i'll be putting them on both my sentra se and my wife's accord ex.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i got the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's for $81 a tire at Discount Tire in Texas. Grippiest tires I have ever own and very cheap to boot. I would definately recommend you check these out if you aren't plannin on drivin' in the snow.

-iLL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts