B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 1 2001 Bridgestone introducted a new All season High performance tire called the RE950. Very similar to the RE730 but it also handles snow.
Also has the latest technology in that it retains its water pumping ability well into the tire life.
TireRack tested it against the Michelin Pilot, both brand new and after 20K miles. The RE950 was a little better brand new, but spectacularly better after 20k miles.

It is also a little cheaper than the 730s.

I live in Toronto, and I am debating going with the 730 on my SE rims and moving the Firehawks to steel rims for the winter, *or*, just going with RE950s on the stock rims year round.

I really want to go 215 x 50 x 16 - I love the look of a wide tire - will this rub, and by how much - if it is only during Uturns I can live with that!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn, this is some good info man! The reason I say this is because I've been also debating on year round tires. I know that I don't live in a place where it totally snows, but I'm terrible at snow driving! I believe that the size 215 50 would rub a bit, since 205 55 rub during u turns. Not sure, but someone probably knows. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts