B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone broke the 14s yet or even came close. i am at 15.2 @ 92 i will break the 14s on sunday and i wanted to know if i will be the first, oh corse with a little help from my HP in a bottle. i am out there to make a name for out cars we need to earn some respect.people are like sentras HAHA, then we rape their ****. thats how we make a name for our us. ok wish me luck later

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package
muffler, resonator removed, 50shot NOS

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good luck man the fastest I have so far is [email protected] mph. What shot are you running?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

G

·
Man, I am totally jealous of you guys! My car would be lucky to run mid 16's up at Bandimere (1 mile high.) The altitude sucks!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i went to the track and i posted a 14.8 @ 95. with a 2.1 60ft. i don;t have the slip scanned yet, but that will be the last run for my car, i blew up the head today on a 75 shot and i have to rebuild it, and thats mad $$$ so i am never going to touch nitrous again cause thats what blew up my old car, well i geuss i was the first at least my baby went out with a bang

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, and HID bulbs all around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn Chip, that really sucks......... I dont know what to say. How is it gonna run ya?? 14.8 that's pretty badass!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
whast up chip...im not tryin to hate on u but u should be running low 14's with a 50 shot at least....

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd throw it back to stock, call Nissan and fake like it broke down on the highway. Not really but that is gonna be a hell of a lot of money! What exactly went in the head itself? Was it direct port? Was it your first run or towards your last run?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kesi24:
whast up chip...im not tryin to hate on u but u should be running low 14's with a 50 shot at least....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually, its pretty damn good for a car with a few bolt ons. A 50shot aint much

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited March 27, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
actually, its pretty damn good for a car with a few bolt ons. A 50shot aint much

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

50's not much, but wasn't he running the 75 shot for that run?

Either way nice run, Chip. Sorry about your ride, bro. :(

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you have the ECU programmed for the use of nitrous? What method did you use to get the proper fuel and timing? I know it really sucks losing a motor but you can't complain if you don't do things the right way. I wouldn't use nitrous any more because it is too risky. Even if you have all the right tuning.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i have a 92 sentra se-r and with a 50 shot with intake amd exhaust on street tires i was running 13.7... with zex

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i dont think chip specified which run was with the 50 and 75 shot. I assumed it was with the 50 shot cuz that what it said in his sig. When he said he blew his head with the 75 shot, he didnt say whether or not that run also gave him his best ET of 14.8

enlighten us chip

kesi24, thats a pretty good time, post the slip so we can compare.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited March 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
623 Posts
anything u do is bad for ur engine or car, there are risk u have to take. and if u know wut ur doing, ull minimize and try to avoid the dangerous areas. its like when u drop ur car, ur not gonna go flyer over a pot out. u tend to drive around it or roll over it very slowly :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
what you say?
someone set us up the bomb!

j/p'in with ya chino!

you da MAN!

------------------
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very likely that Chip had to shut down before the end, thus running a time of "only" 14.8. That's not bad driving at all. To keep things in perspective, our cars run around 15.8 to 16.0, and I mean realistically. Not some article or person that got a particularly strong sentra and is running 15.5. I'm talking the average sentra se.

Now he's knocked off around a full second from the average time. Probably on stock clutch/tires as well. Not bad for what's essentially a fancy bolton.

Sorry to hear about your motor. Maybe nitrous isn't the ticket for us. Or, we need to consider some of the domestic tricks and install a water injection kit to go along with the laughing gas.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

G

·
I think another problem is that the Zex kit was designed for the old SR20DE. The B15 SR20DE has 2 degrees more ignition advance than the old motor. Ignition advance is bad for NOS. Also, without some means of verifying the Air/fuel ratio, we don't know how lean things are getting in the motor.

JWT uses different injectors on their Big shot NOS kit. I suspect that the stock injectors couldn't flow enough supplemental fuel.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts