B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK check this out i am going to give you guys the secret to run times like me on the stock motor. my friends would be pissed if he found out i was telling you people but since its the whole sentra family i can't resist and i was the first in the 14s,so i don't care, i already made history. DO NOT BREAK IN YOUR CAR. your car will run faster and better if you do not break it in. From day one when i got my car i took it to red with 300 miles on my car i was sitting in the stageing lanes at the track. A Ford motor designer once said that not breaking in your car has the same effect as blue printing. Look at my times compared to the rest of you all not to brag but there is a guy running 15.7 @ 85 wiht intake and exhaust, Thats slows. i did 15.5 @ 88 with a completely stock car.
My friend tested this theory in his new civic SI he got it with 22 miles on it took it to red within the first couple of days of having it and runs 15.1 with only intake. most SIs can't even break into the 15s, with intake. Its part driving skill and part car. I can drive but i am only 17 so i have only so much experience. most of you people have been driving 10+ years. So believe me now about my theory. try it out if your car has less then 2000 miles on it start running out the gears and find your new HP.

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, and HID bulbs all around. 15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle)

[This message has been edited by Chip (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. Your basing your theory on 2 cases and what one NON-Nissan motor designer said? Thats as stupid as blowing up a new car on Nitrious cuz you didnt do any research on the subject. Or a dumb as being in a car with a drunk driver while racing a lexus. Doh!

Ya i kno, this could get ugly but i couldnt resist :)

------------------
*Josh*

[This message has been edited by Jo$H (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have to agree with Jo$h, that may be the dumbest thing I've heard, luckily I have a dumb friend who says even dumber things than that. anyways it's just like that one person says "my grandfather smoked all his life and lived to 105 with no lung cancer, cigarettes don't kill!" whatever! if you look at the big picture millions have died from lung cancer, and maybe a few people it doesn't kill. I'm willing to bet you will have some fun things go wrong on your engine, later in life. especially the way it sounds like you are pushing it.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd painted calipers, rotors, and strut bar.
Got my car back this weekend from the body shop and is looking good!

·
Registered
222 Posts
OH BOY.....
Here's Chip with another paragraph of wisdom for us. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of hearing this slop. :rolleyes:

I personally don't believe in the break-in period anyway, but here's my two cents:

It seems that most of today's cars are SLOWEST when they are brand new. My car feels quicker now after 8000 miles than it did brand new. It takes a little time for all of the engine's internals to get friendly with each other.

Here's a good example of this:
In the May 2001 issue of Car & Driver they did an article on their long term Porsche 911 Carrera. When the car was new it tested 0-60 in 5.0 seconds flat. After 40,000 miles it tested 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. In addition, the car dropped three tenths in the quarter mile. Now I know that this doesn't mean that every car will have the same results, but this seems to be commonplace among today's cars. I can't prove that my car is faster, I've never tested it. I can say that the gas mileage has gotten better though!

Also....comparing quarter-mile times is such a joke anyway. Some people on the board may live in higher elevations with less air pressure. Some of these cars are autos, some are sticks. There are simply too many variables to consider to say that other people's 1/4mi. times are slow.

CHIP.... :eek: Your unfounded ranting belongs at ClubSi, not here. You are giving 17 year-olds that ACTUALLY know what they are talking about A BAD NAME! :eek:

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

I washed my car yesterday...does that count as a modification?

·
Registered
778 Posts
i wouldnt risk half a second for a couple grand worth in damages later. but true, it might run faster, this guy with a b14 did a 15.5 without license plates yet. but its just too much to risk. treat your car like your child. you nurture it early and take care of it, then in the future, she will take care of you by spanking all hondas in sight (na).

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I feel break-in is important. But not as important as it was becausing of better tolerances of parts. I'm up to 2800 miles and still have not hit 5K. I'm an extreme case, because I like to baby the car and take care of it. I want it to last. Hopefully CHIP won't run into it.

Anyhow, at 30 miles I changed to syn-babied it and the oil level is still very light and has not moved off the full line (2800 miles). Don't know-don't care about 1/4 times. It gets down the road fine.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
HEHEHEHE :D is all I am gonna say....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
78 Posts
Personally i dont know if breaking in or not breaking in your car and engine would make it faster or better and anything like that. But i do know that i would like my car last the entire time im paying for it, not just a year or two.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE, P/P, 5spd, Inferno with HyperWhite headlights and fogs.

PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey, I read the new SCC about their Project Focus. They had a nice break in period, and they dyno'ed higher with their project car than previous Foci with the same trim. I guess drive nice to your vehicle, and it will reward you later, right? :)

I think Chip is full of it too. Heh....

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Hm... And I wondered why Chip said he got 20mpg city AND highway driving. Heh. Mystery solved.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Registered
52 Posts
How many miles is still break in..my sentra has 7200. I would have to agree that it seems much quicker now than when I first got it..I dont know much about this subject I just wanted to know if I am still in the break in period. Someone told me that break in period is the OVER 10,000 miles ?!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I read that it was a 1,000 miles.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE, P/P, 5spd, Inferno with HyperWhite headlights and fogs.

PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

M

·
0 Posts
Why does Chip even bother posting here anymore? We've proven him to be a liar. He has proven that he knows nothing about anything related to cars, although he'd like us to think that he does. I doubt he even owns a Sentra.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
312 Posts
You know what I've noticed?!!!!

I have a CAI and Stromung exhaust on their
way to my house via UPS, and I've noticed that the closer they get to my house, the
more horsepower I get from my Sentra. ;)

Can't wait until I can actually install them!

:D

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jdog-X:

Also....comparing quarter-mile times is such a joke anyway. Some people on the board may live in higher elevations with less air pressure. Some of these cars are autos, some are sticks. There are simply too many variables to consider to say that other people's 1/4mi. times are slow.

CHIP.... :eek: Your unfounded ranting belongs at ClubSi, not here. You are giving 17 year-olds that ACTUALLY know what they are talking about A BAD NAME! :eek:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well put, JDog. Chip saying that his lack of break-in is the cause of his faster times is insane! Altitude, temperature, you name it, there are just too many variable that go into a run down the 1320. Chip, I believe you should just go back to clubsi, or to your BMW bb. Just this time, don't say you own a Sentra, try pretending you own a different car now, because everyone is onto your ***! later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe(waiting for bolts and gasket).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can't resist, Chip, you are the biggest liar I've ever come across! Everyone who wants to be as "fast" as Chip, raise you're hand. You can go ahead and think your the "Fastest Sentra Racing God" but I tell ya, you aint getting any respect from us. No one here is contemplating how they can be as fast as Chip. The last person I would listen to about taking care of my motor is the first one to blow up their motor on a brand new car. Hmmm, does it sound like you are a reliable source for car care info? If you think you're impressing us you're not. Lying isn't the way to gain friends and respect on these boards. You've totally lost you're credibility. Maybe you really have broken into the 15's but no one believes you. You're the boy who cries wolf. Even if you did post something worth us reading, I wouldn't take it as truth. Chip, you've got problems, go see a doctor. When you are fixed, get a new user name and have a different attitude.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.