B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 900 miles into the 1200 required for the breakin period and the Spec V is eating gas like a 'burban. Does anybody else have this problem? Or is the problem my lead foot? :)

BTW- Anybody had any engine troubles because of failure to break-in? I've heard these cars must be broken properly.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Well-if its your Lead foot..

One of the most important parts about breaking it in is to avoid the "lead foot". If you have been doing that-just drive it like you stole it. It's broken in for better or worse :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have an 02 and broke it *fairly* nicely for 800miles, and then I punched it. Only consumed a tiny bit of oil in the first 1000miles and it hasn't consumed a drop since.

I now have 10000miles, however my Spec is a late build 02 (June 2002). But I still don't believe that there is such a thing as an "Improper Break in". If your engine is a lemon, regardless of how you break it in it will consume oil.

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
i drove my car relatively hard since day one. i mean i didnt get on it like i do now. but i sure as heck wasnt affraid to floor it, i just didnt bang gears or anything.

my car has never burned oil, my tranny/clutch are perfect and i have 14,500 miles.

purchased feb.4th.2002

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
i broke mine in with mild driving till 5k, well ocassionally i would hit redline, but not like i stole it...since then ive never had one drop of oil burnt

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
I break-in my in a single week-end :D We trip around and it was mainly highway. But vary the RPM is the key to a proper break-in. Never run extended period at the same RPM. Oh and I did'nt drove it like I stole it but I red-line it couples of times during the break-in (like at 750mi). IMO, it's could hurt couples of times. Then, at 2500km (2000mi), I've switch to synthetic and time for fun now ;)

Engine is now at 13000km and it NEVER took a single drop of oil ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts