B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I have parts for sale!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if the 2004 SE-R Brembo upgrade brake calipers kit clears the 16" stock rims on an 2002/2003 SE-R?

Another question is if the Wilwood 11" brake kit will clear the wheels also, or do they only clear the 17"s?

Thanks

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
Umm do you have ABS? because I'm pretty sure I remember reading in threads on here that the Brembos are for non ABS applications. I could be wrong, but I think I read that. :)

·
I have parts for sale!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have ABS and dont like it much in the first place.

Just need to know if 16 stock rims clear them so i can decide which to get. I sent an email to fastbrakes also, but thier answers could be faulty and iffy so a sale can be squeezed through. Worse is just a refund to them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I heard from KVR Performance in Ottawa, that you could put on the Brembos on an ABS Sentra because the ABS electronics is on the axle and not the calipers. Does that sound right to you?

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
RACEFACE said:
I heard from KVR Performance in Ottawa, that you could put on the Brembos on an ABS Sentra because the ABS electronics is on the axle and not the calipers. Does that sound right to you?
this is correct. the calipers, lines, pads are all seperate from the actual electronics that are for ABS. i noticed this when i did my brake job on my 2002 before i crashed it. if you ask me, there is no reason why the two, Brembos and ABS, can't be used together.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Me either. Two separate parts. I'm very curious now. So for those people who would be putting on Brembos or any big brake upgrades on a car that had ABS, nothing would work?!? duh!

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
The brembos won't even clear the 17" 02-03 spec v wheels. That is why they designed a new wheel for the 04 cars specifically to clear the brembos. You will have to do a lot of looking to find wheels that will clear the face of the caliper.

As for the Fastbrakes Wilwood caliper upgrade yes it clears the 16" wheels perfectly fine as seen here...

·
I have parts for sale!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the great pic. That really helps a lot and reassures me that I can go ahead w the willwood upgrade. Im guessing thats going to be my only way to go at this point.

Anybody recommend a better brake fluid over the Motul 600?

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
linf94112 said:
thanks for the great pic. That really helps a lot and reassures me that I can go ahead w the willwood upgrade. Im guessing thats going to be my only way to go at this point.

Anybody recommend a better brake fluid over the Motul 600?
i used the Motul 5.1 fluid because I had ABS. if you live in a colder region it would help with the winter and the ABS, but seeing as you're in CA, it shouldn't be a problem. also look into ATE Super Blue brake fluid. do a quick search on it here, i think a few people have used it and were happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts