B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the brakes on my car today. I swapped the OEM fronts for Brembo slotted/drilled rotors and PBR (never heard of them, but came with the rotors for a good deal) semi metalic pads. The brakes have good bite driving around the city, but if I really get on them, I'm getting crazy brake fade... I can put the pedal to the floor and the ABS wont kick in. Any ideas?? or do the brakes still need time to break in?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
You really need to bleed the brakes.. that will help a lot.

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
bedding the brakes is a procedure which is most overlooked/unused.

because you have ABS, stomp the pedal from 60mph down to 10mph repeatedly until you smell the pads. You do not want to stop completely because you will warp your nice new brake rotors. As for not having your ABS come on, it sounds like air in the lines. Bleed your brakes again. I use Motul RBF600 and Goodridge lines on stock brakes, and I don't have problems with them. I want to get the Wilwood caliper upgrade, if I do anything. (15" drag slicks won't fit over the big brake kits.)

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
cburwell said:
Most brakes will fade if you continually stomp on them.
Also, if you use your brakes hard, the standard recommendation for bleeding is once every 6 months... Most people don't do this.

My combination has never experienced brake fade, even in Auto-X situations where I've gotten instant re-runs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How does one bleed brakes properly? :)

I know I haven't done it and I've had my car over a year now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, thanks guys! I've done quite a bit of daily driving on them now, and they have gotten A LOT better. If I have any more problems, I'll keep you posted. btw, I have ATE Super Blue waiting to get bled into the lines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts