B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres always more brake dust coming from the front driver side wheel. then i rubbed my finger againts the rotor and theres grooves on the rotor. i think its starting to warp.

i've only had this car for three months, do you think they'll replace that sucker? and it's only on that side too

has anyone had the same problem before? it's just i really dont wanna spend any money on this car yet. since i just got it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and show them that cause it could be defective,,,especially seeing it's just that one side.

G

·
yeah, something seems a bit strange on that. Perhaps you have a sticky piston or something that is causing partial contact by the pad. If you can, compare the brake pads on both sides to see if the drivers side is wearing more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im pretty sure the driver side is wearing more, because theres more brake dust on that side. ill take a trip to the dealer tomorrow see what i can find out. i just hate going there. i hate waiting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it doesnt, but theres more brake dust on the driver side.
man, i gotta find out whats going on with this!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dusty...

I cleaned my rims today and noticed more brake dust on the front right, however I believe it was strictly coincidence.
Since my brakes are still green (1 month), I'm attributing it to part of the break-in process.
If this isn't the first time and it appears to be a chronic occurrence, definitely get it checked out...
I'm going to keep close tabs on my bias and will post to the Forum if it appears as though this may be a Sentra-related phenomenon.
Good Luck - Hope all's well.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Starting to wonder about mine too. I have always had more dust on my front passenger side, way more. Starting to pull a bit too:( Gotta rotate the tires and see how it feels. AutoX does wonderfull things to your tires:) Hope the dealer isn't going to be an *** about the painted calipers.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts