B15 Sentra Forum banner

Which Rotor?

Brakes: TPM/Powerslot/Brembo??

1K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  OkToBeR 
#1 · (Edited)
after reading a good amount of threads on brakes...i know how most feel on just slotted and cross drilled/slotted and so wanted to know who would vote for each and why (not just "dont get cross drilled cause it breaks"..explain)...

1) Racingbrake (TPM) X/Slotted
2) Powerslot (only slotted of course)
3) Brembo X/Slotted
4) Brembo Slotted only

please say WHY! im not really biased at slotted versus cross drilled as well, just wanted to hear what everyone had to say. will help me in my decision though, also the best places to buy from (cant seem to find where to buy TPM if necessary)...most likely going with Hawk HPS pads as well...thanks

#2 ·
tpm - good, but too much $$$
powerslot - good performance, good price
brembo xdrilled/slotted - as far as i know, this would be done by a 3rd party. currently brembo only offers slotted or drilled, not the combo. so i say no to this.
brembo slotted - toss up between this and the powerslot

#7 ·
no i know, for a lot (though they wont admit to it) its more for the look of, with somewhat (like you said if small) difference...mainly the better pads and fluid make a difference...ill admit, it would be more for looks (cause i do like the way they look, lol) compared to a blank

#8 ·
i ave brembo x/s on my car right now and LOVE it... they DONT break unlessu drive the piss out of ur car and brake like a D!CKHEAD! for auto-x i dont recommend x-drilled but for daily driving , i like the look alot. Yes a third party does X-drill them. I got mine from irotors.com. Ive had em on about 3-4 months now with NO PROBLEMS. Also, they offer zinc coating so they dont rust :) mine cost $230 shipped with zinc coating (wholesale price).

#11 ·
they say up to 01 but since all the b15 use them they are available... irotors x/s themselves at their shop. Try setting up a groub buy on em since alot of ppl seem to be always looking for these. They really are good people to deal with. Also, my friend has em on his intrepid and hes cracked the rotors due to auto-x style driving and he called them, showed them pics, and they sent him new ones within 2 days (FREE)!

#13 ·
Brembo X/slotted
Just put on my rears yesterday,had the fronts on for a couple months now and they are great.Stopping is unbelievable and they look awesome.

#15 ·
2KBlackSE, nice car. I like what you did w/ the interior. How did you do the different black peices inside. Is it just spray paint or replacement parts?

#16 ·
neither.... i had em spray painted silver but i DO NOT recommend doing that to anyone.. looks nice for a month and SUX.... i took mine to an auto paint shop and dropped the parts off and they sprayed em like they would with a car... so its auto paint on stock pieces.

#17 · (Edited)
I have the TPM rotors, and voted for them because they have been very good to me. With Hawk HP+ in the front the stopping power is very strong, with good pedal modulation even with stock rubber hoses.

Tony actually got these for me through the group buy so we got a good deal on them. I do want to add that I think Brembo blanks are probably the best bang for the buck if you simply get good pads to go with them, like Hawk HPS or Carbotech Panther. Coincidentally, Tony just put Powerslot slotted rotors on his Si, and we've been pretty impressed with those too.

Bottom line, I think all of the options listed in this poll are quality products and you definitely get what you pay for with pretty much every one of them.

#19 ·
Dangling Fury said:
I have the TPM rotors, and voted for them because they have been very good to me. With Hawk HP+ in the front the stopping power is very strong, with good pedal modulation even with stock rubber hoses.

Tony actually got these for me through the group buy so we got a good deal on them. I do want to add that I think Brembo blanks are probably the best bang for the buck if you simply get good pads to go with them, like Hawk HPS or Carbotech Panther. Coincidentally, Tony just put Powerslot slotted rotors on his Si, and we've been pretty impressed with those too.

Bottom line, I think all of the options listed in this poll are quality products and you definitely get what you pay for with pretty much every one of them.
I got in on the same GB if you were able to find another it would be well worth it IMHO...:)

#20 ·
thanks for the input guys...

i heard back from irotors, and elvis replied saying that yes of course they carry for any yr, just have to ask, and that the group buy that had been going on with them, the price is still applicable, but you have to mention it. it would come out to (i believe) $209 for front and rear, zinc plated, shipped, so imma go with it...now...

Hawk HPS or Carbotech bobcat/panther? i was leaning toward the Hawk, but, could i be swayed? lol! opinions????

#21 ·
009 -2.0 SE- said:
I got in on the same GB if you were able to find another it would be well worth it IMHO...:)
yeah, if Ken doesn't mind doing that again I'd be more than happy to give him my hard earned money. for $256 with me picking them up it was the deal of the year.......

then i crashed. :(

#26 ·
Well they do sell the Hawk pads . I meant to ask you , what exactly do you want in your braking system ? Daily driver & the occasional autocross ? Or like me , just want decent stopping power at a reasonable price . As mentioned , the Brembo Blanks are just as good . Hawk & Carbotech make some of the nicest pads out there .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.