B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is when everytime i go home for the weekend, there is a pretty long distance of downhill road. And my brakes always get over heated with some strange sound coming from the fronts discs.

I tried to press less brakes but shifting the gear (too bad i go an auto) and pressing the brake on and off to give it chances to cool down, but it just didn't help much.

Yesterday, there was an old couple in front of me and they were going very slow. (actually they were using all the brake all the time) I tried everything i knew but just couldn't stop it from overheated.

I am wondering about one thing, i actually used less brake than the car in front of me but their brake just didn't get over heated. Is that means i have some cheap brakes on my GXE?

Will change better brake pads help? or i should change to a better disc?

thx

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Dude. I thought the days of fading brakes had passed 20 years ago. I would take the thing back to the dealer. If it only happens on this hill you could keep the car in drive or a lower gear. Also by approaching the hill slower, you will have less energy to get rid of. I suppose different pads could help, but that would be after I checked with the dealer.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
This is one of my many problems too. Still haven't gotten around to taking it back to the dealer. My work schedule is such a pain. I get this funny gravel sound from the front left disc when I brake suddenly from high speed or a hill. It's scary!

If you take it back, lemme know what they say.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh now you reminded me...the sound seems to come from the front left disc too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i seem to notice that theres more brake dust coming from the front left side compared to the right side....

is this because of theres more weight on the driver side?
im not even that heavy.

·
Registered
940 Posts
nissans are notorious for brake overheating. my altima had the exact prblem. i have no idea why, but i have heard from many nissan owners about brake prblems. one way to help prevent brake fad and keep cooling is slotted rotors!.

i had severe warping on my car. at 20k, the dealer cchanged it under warranty. now i have 45km and replaced pads for the second time, and replaced the rotors again. i try to change my driving habits and prevent sudden and hard stops.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
greendot said:
nissans are notorious for brake overheating. my altima had the exact prblem. i have no idea why, but i have heard from many nissan owners about brake prblems. one way to help prevent brake fad and keep cooling is slotted rotors!.

i had severe warping on my car. at 20k, the dealer cchanged it under warranty. now i have 45km and replaced pads for the second time, and replaced the rotors again. i try to change my driving habits and prevent sudden and hard stops.

Crap. So this is what I'm in for when I take my car back...

Thanks for the info Greendot. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts