B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size of the brake rotors front and back on the Spec V?

·
Registered
940 Posts
same as the se/pp sentra.

front:11.25"
rear: 10.5"

·
Registered
940 Posts
the brembo x-drilled i bought fit fine. i might be wrong on the size of the rear, but the front is surely around 11"

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Ok I decided to try to do some research on this as well.. I'm getting all sorts of different numbers

SCC in the article on the se-r says 11.0 and 9.1
Consumer guide is saying the se is 11.0 and 10.2
fsm/esm is saying the SE is 11 and 10

I'd like to say SCC goofed, but I can't seem to find any data that gives me anything to compare the se-r against. Anyone have the Grassroots motorsports article about it?

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
how bout somebody goes outside with a tapemeasure, pops off a wheel and measures it??

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
thats interesting. The SE brakes are bigger in the rear I guess.

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
dug this up on a search. does anyone have official sizes?? the website does not have anything under brake specs other than "Power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes".

·
Registered
706 Posts
According to the 02 FSM, 11.02x0.87 in the front, 10.16x0.35 in the back

For the front it says "rotor outer diameter x thickness"

For the rear it says "drum inner diameter/disc diameter x thickness"

It says the drum part because QG and QR specs are side by side. It doesn't say where the rotor diameter is measured from for the rear. I'm assuming it's the same as the front.

It's also a give that we have the exact same brakes as SE's since they were taken off the 00-01 Altima's and so were ours.

Although, in all the magazines I've read, it's 9.1 in the back...
Doesn't it say in our owner's manuals what size the brakes are?

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
i have to check it when i get home actually. but i doubt it will say. does anyone know?? so its looking like 11" front and 9" rear. i dont much like that drum measurement...hehe

·
Registered
91 Posts
11 INCH FRONT 10 INCH REAR

AztecRed SE-R said:
According to the 02 FSM, 11.02x0.87 in the front, 10.16x0.35 in the back
YOUR ARE RIGHT AztecRed SE-R!

That's the exact size of the rotors whatever the nissan websites or cars magazine said that the rear measure 9.x inch. They are wrong.

I changed my rotors for oem brembo replacement disk(altima 93-00). They have exactly the same size that the oem rotors and the are 11" inch front and 10" inch rear.

Discussion closed(i hope so) next topic. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, i forgot to say(i updated my sig). I own a sentra spec v.

·
Registered
3 Posts
THIS is an OLD thread, but this problem just popped up.

Replaced all four brakes: Pads, rotors and calipers.

On the back the set I bought the rotor was too small, only about 1/3rd of the pad is making contact, BUT looking at the dust shield it LOOKS like there isn't room for a bigger rotor..

That, and how would I go about getting a bigger rotor?? Wheels are big enough to fit a bigger rotor, but how would I get a specific sized rotor for the rear wheels?

·
Registered
1 Posts
THIS is an OLD thread, but this problem just popped up.

Replaced all four brakes: Pads, rotors and calipers.

On the back the set I bought the rotor was too small, only about 1/3rd of the pad is making contact, BUT looking at the dust shield it LOOKS like there isn't room for a bigger rotor..

That, and how would I go about getting a bigger rotor?? Wheels are big enough to fit a bigger rotor, but how would I get a specific sized rotor for the rear wheels?
Hi I know this thread is really old but I have the exact same problem did you ever figure anything out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts