B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed their brake pads or have done a brake job since getting their B15 Sentra? I want to find out what kind of mileage I can get out of mine. I do about 50/50 city/highway and have 16k miles on it already.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Not yet I have only 12K miles on mine...
But when I took the calipers apart to paint I checked the pads and they still look pretty good,,plenty of meat on them still....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
778 Posts
i dont think ill be changing mines anytime soon...got 6k on it. but idk, they either work way too good or the stock tires are way too crappy.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
56 Posts
from what i understand, the 2002 SE-R will have the exact same brakes as SE's, just different brake pads... it'll be an easy, but probably not cheap upgrade since it's a nissan oem part hehe

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
940 Posts
i have 45k, and just replaced my pads and rotors! the **** just warped out!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Depends how you drive. Greendot got got 45K. I'm guessing he drives real hard since his rotors are (were) warped. Figure 50K to 75K. The rears should go longer. I could be out to lunch, but I've gotten 80K already on other cars.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
783 Posts
I just had the 30K service. They estimated I had 80% of the front and 85% of the rear still there. This is on commuting, probably 90% highway, but some decent grades up and down both ways. I got the 5-speed though, and use it to control my speed on the hills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts