B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the advantages? Do I need to upgrade brakes eventually? Why do I want to spend all my money on my car???

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
259 Posts
i assume stainless steel? do you have abs?

no, a brake upgrade will not be necessary. if you do a brake upgrade later, the SS lines will help out even more.

ok, stock brake lines are rubber. rubber flexes and gives and can dry out and rot over time. SS does not flex and they are treated inside and out for basically a lifetime of worry free lines. when you hit the brake pedal, the master cylinder builds pressure in the lines with the brake fluid. as the pressure increases, the rubber hoses will expand the a certain degree. that means you are losing some psi due to brake line flex. SS lines eliminate that. your pedal will be more sensative and have less play. your response time will increase and i say an overall improvement in every aspect of a minimum 25%.

if you have abs, say bye bye to brake chatter. either way, abs or not, you can always benefit from ss lines. i have them and consider it the best upgrade i have done yet. for smc lines, contact william @ www.importpartsplus.com

------------------
MY PAGE

[This message has been edited by 2000SE (edited March 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
297 Posts
How much were the SS lines from IMPP???? I am really interested in a group deal if anyone else is

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts