B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding cross-drilled/slotted rotors yet? Brembo has the upgrade, not exactly what I'm looking for.

Also pads...... I know, I know, the stock ones are suppose to be pretty good, but carbon/kevlar pads are pretty darn good pads too:)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I believe Stillen has some rotors...

G

·
I'd stay away from the Cross drilled rotors on a street driven vehicle. Grass Roots Motorsports recently did a Brake article that warned against it too. I used to have cross-drilled rotors on a car, and had to throw them away. Reason? They can't be resurfaced with a traditional brake lathe. Most brake lathes use a cutting blade to resurface the rotor. You can't use them on cross-drilled rotors because of the holes. Slotted rotors would ahve the same problem. You have to use a stone instead. Most shops don't have that equipment.

If your not going with a big brake upgrade, I don't think there is any benefit to going with slotted, or cross-drilled brakes.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to get my Brembo cross drilled rotors machined in town where I live. They did an awesome job too.

I did notice a increase when I switched from my regular rotors to my cross drilled on my DSM.

I would rather stay away from the true cross drilled this time though, because I plan on being more involved in autocrossing this time around.

I never had a crack with my Brembo's with everyday use though. I had them for 2-3 years;)

I was looking for the hybrid style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts