B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to build 2 boxes, 1 for each corner of the trunk between the rear tire well and the tail light. i have done the measurements and decided that the best /biggest size to get would be a slanted back sealed box, 15" long in front, 11 long in back, 15" tall, and 9"deep. now if i use 3/4" MDF, the internal volume will be .67 cu.ft. you can check the math if you want, i followed the diagram in a link i found. first question is, do you guys think that'll be a good size? it will fit back in those corners perfectly, if i measure right. now my most important question is: the internal volume is .67 cu.ft. the subs i have are rockford fosgate HE2's and the recommended volume for them sealed is (Minimum) .97 cu.ft. the subs are only getting 275rms/550 peak, as opposed to 400/800(what they can handle) so since they arent being powered to full, can i go that small of an enclosure and still get good sound/bang??? sorry for the long post, but i kinda need the help of more informed individuals. thanks!
-anthony

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Stop bumping your thread when its still the top thread. You posted at 3am... some of us sleep and go to work. The size is going to affect the sound properties of the sub substantially, the lower power isn't going to make that better. It will be less likely to drop down to the lower hits, I imagine a song like Late Nite Tip will sound pretty empty without anything below atleast the 35hz mark.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Eh, I would go with the recommended size. They are going to sound like poo in too small of a box. You could spend that time building the boxes and try some polyfill, but if it were me, I would build it they way the recommend.

If you use some 'glass, I KNOW you can get 1.5^3 on the passenger side, and should be able to get close on the driver side. Might want to think about cancelation problems if they are directly facing each other. There is different trains of thought on that, for subs, so it's only a thought.

Box size and power don't come into play in this situation.

***All IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts