B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car isnt idling well at all...im told its probly an air metering problem. One possible cause is that i forgot to run a vacuum line to the BOV. Which fitting does it go on??

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
stick your hand over the discharge hole on the BOV, and 2 fingers on the ports using your other hand. If the idle improves, you know it's your BOV leaking. If not, check elsewhere. I'm not sure which port you use on that thing.. I've never used a Turbonetics blow off valve. I got scared away from Turbonetics when I lost 2 motors because of a POS Deltagate sticking open on me (overboosted).

Travis

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Its most likely going to be that bigger fitting. The silver one.

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most b15 engines with turbo's need to recirculate the BOV? I'm no expert but I dont see any recirculation going on there.

·
Casual Lurker
2,135 Posts
Trav4011 said:
I've never used a Turbonetics blow off valve. I got scared away from Turbonetics when I lost 2 motors because of a POS Deltagate sticking open on me (overboosted).

Travis
You mean closed right Trav ...

·
Casual Lurker
2,135 Posts
david said:
Its most likely going to be that bigger fitting. The silver one.
agreed ... specialy since its futher up which would put it behind the diaprham .. the other fitting is prob if you want to run it as a diverter valve as well ..

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
JohnO said:
agreed ... specialy since its futher up which would put it behind the diaprham .. the other fitting is prob if you want to run it as a diverter valve as well ..
Actually many bov's have a second smaller nipple that can be used as extra reference for higher boost. In most cases the car runs funny with it on like that though.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
david said:
Actually many bov's have a second smaller nipple that can be used as extra reference for higher boost. In most cases the car runs funny with it on like that though.
That BOV looks very similiar to the one that Sarah got in her box at George's, David. :)

·
Casual Lurker
2,135 Posts
Trav4011 said:
oops... You know what I meant! ;)
Yup yup .... just giving you a hard time .. ;) ... i need to use the smilies more they make things look like i mean them... i always come across so dry an serious when in not ..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts