B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well once again I was bored today so I decided to paint my calipers. I did them all by hand with a tiny little detail paint brush. They turned out really nice and look awesome.

Front

Rear

[Edited by Nismo_Girl_2001 on 05-23-2001 at 05:10 PM]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very nice! I like the looks of that metallic blue on your calipers and engine bay. Keep posting pics of all your mods its fun to see what others are doing to their B15's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey it looks nice! Well done. I have few questions though. Do you have to take the calipers to print them?? If yes how difficult it is? Do I need to do anything before i print them?? what kind of print i should geT? sorry I ask so many questions I'm a newbie keke

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
whitesentra said:
Hey it looks nice! Well done. I have few questions though. Do you have to take the calipers to print them?? If yes how difficult it is? Do I need to do anything before i print them?? what kind of print i should geT? sorry I ask so many questions I'm a newbie keke
You can get a general idea from my site on how to paint the calipers,,,but I took the longer route and took my calipers off and sandblasted mine and I also did the rotors that way as well,,,only cause I think it comes out better,,,just my opinion....But you can paint them on your car...Just make sure you use a caliper paint or you can also use an engine paint as well,,,you just go to make sure it's a high heat paint cause your calipers do heat up.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey Amy,,,

Looking good,,,I am really enjoying your color scheme:)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whitesentra said:
Thanks, you don't have to take them off to do it but I'm sure it's a lot easier to do. If you leave them on you have to be really really carefull and used a tiny detail paint brush to make sure you only paint the caliper and not the brake pads or anything else around. You need to clean them really well before you even think about painting them. I used a special pre paint cleaner and then put on a special compound that helps the paint stick better. I used Dupli-Color high heat engine paint. It just happened to be left over from my engine bay painting. Its ok, I was once a newbie too. Hope this helps

And thanks Gene,your car looks awesome too. :) Thought I would be different and use blue/silver instead of the popular red/black.

[Edited by Nismo_Girl_2001 on 05-23-2001 at 11:32 AM]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once its stops being overcast and rainy I will take a full car shot so you can see how it all goes together.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Cool. I was about to ask if anyone could photoshop some painted calipers onto my car because I've been thinking about doing it myself. :D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

I just figured I'd add one to this thread so when amy gets her full side pics everyone can see what it looks like:)Hmmm black cars with 2 different color calipers..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks really nice Gene. I didn't paint the roter part b.c with the stock rims it doesn't show anyways. If I get my new rims soon I will paint them but for now just the calipers are ok. I drove by a huge glass building today and man they look really cool. Yeah I know kinda sad, but I drive by that glass building like once a day at least lol. I love to see my car go by it.

Not supposed to stop raining until Monday/Tuesday of next week so it might be a little wait for those pics . :(

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
luv2play18 said:
your tires look really good what kind of tire care do you use
Thanks!!
I used the Meguires Endurance tire gel. On the gloss meter its the highest I could find. It works pretty well and stays on a while too.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
That looks really nice Gene. I didn't paint the roter part b.c with the stock rims it doesn't show anyways. If I get my new rims soon I will paint them but for now just the calipers are ok. I drove by a huge glass building today and man they look really cool. Yeah I know kinda sad, but I drive by that glass building like once a day at least lol. I love to see my car go by it.

Not supposed to stop raining until Monday/Tuesday of next week so it might be a little wait for those pics . :(
That's th reason I painted my rotor cause once I threw the rims back on they stuck right out.....

And I have the same problem with this one building in my area I just can't pass it without looking at my car :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whew!! Thought it was just me. There is this really cool building that has zig-zag glass walls and when you drive past it your car is kinda on a diagional and it looks awesome. I wish I could take a pic as my car was going by b.c its such an awesome angle b.c you can see the whole car really well .:p

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOw it is a lot of work but i bet it is all worth it good job

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I used: VHT spray paints

1 - 20 of 20 Posts