B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks:

I was considering painting the black grill "body-colored", (Radium). What are your guys opinions on this? Has anyone does this who cares to post pictures? Also, would you paint just the black part, or the chrome edge as well?

All suggestions are welcome, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think that would look pretty good. I painted the grille on my B13 a while back, and it looks nice.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"
Major Mods:
Broken air conditioner, scratch on passenger B-pillar, dent on left side, rock chips, peeling clearcoat on driver's door...
Other Crap:
Alpine stereo, short-throw shifter, white-faced gauges, exhaust

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Dont paint the chrome piece, you should do what i did, then paint the mesh grill...It would look cool!

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims (in the mail)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't think it would look bad painted but I was thinking of doing that and then I decided that I want a totaly different look so thats why I decided to do the mesh....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would just paint the center and leave the chrome would make a nice contrast...jmtc

------------------
1991 SENTRA XE 5SPD
OPENFILTER MOD,BOSCH PLAT+4 PLUGS,A/C BELT DISCOUNTED

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is a question for those of you who made their own grill out of mesh or whatever.

is it possible to take a picture of the mesh grill material close up? that way i can see what it looks like? cause from a distance it looks great!!

------------------
visit my site
OH, i ride in a
2001 SE, color = Jaded, has the Super-Sized Performance-Package, 5 gears, no gascap holder, 16 inch 6 spoke alloy wheels by O.E.M., and an overhead compartment for storing my $10 sunglasses while i zig-zag past Honduhs on the street.
in da future i wanna
PR CAI, Stillen front-end, and a nice sexy exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i painted mine chrome and clear coated it..... it ended up coming out with an Alloy look....

it was cool... it matched my rims :p

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jam JAMMO:
this is a question for those of you who made their own grill out of mesh or whatever.

is it possible to take a picture of the mesh grill material close up? that way i can see what it looks like? cause from a distance it looks great!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you look at my web-site you should see a close up.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

1 - 8 of 8 Posts