B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got my car back a few days ago, but had to do a few minor touch ups to it. The main difference is that I got the stripes removed (I miss them), had the car sanded down, and added another white base coat with blue pearl. I couldn't bring myself to paint over the CF so instead I just addded 4 coats of blue pearl and another clear coat on top of that. Also, I had my new Octane body kit installed compliments of VIS.

Let me know what you think. Any suggestions welcome.

BEFORE

AFTER

A night shot of the new paint. You can kind of see the blue pearl reflection.

I am considering a suspension drop, but will put up another post regardiing some concerns I have. Also, YES those are Altezzas compliments of TYC. Might get 04 Spec V tails. What do you think?

·
Registered
730 Posts
no way... CF looks great on white.

Car looks awesome... I like how you put the blue on the white and on the cf so they kind of match in that way... it looks great... I'm not a fan of those tails you should definitely get 04's or some 02-03's painted solid red... and you need a stock or low pro wing to kind of finish off the trunk area... i dont really like the b15 back end w/o a spoiler. good job overall, way to build a cool b15.

·
Registered
730 Posts
oh yeah... where'd you get those eyelids and what are they made of ?

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
Quick! Take off the front bumper and spray everything behind it flat black. Put the bumper back on and admire the much improved front end. :)

I like the blue pearl on the CF. That looks hot as hell.

I'm glad you got rid of your "tiger" stripes, but I'm not feeling the fenders. Too busy. Maybe the side skirts too (Although they are FAR better than the Stillen ones).

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's very interesting and I like it (except the altezzas -- I refuse to like altezzas :))

But I love the car as a whole, excellent work. I do agree that you should paint everything behind the bumper flat black to complete the look of the front.

Awesome looking car!

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Wow...I'm shocked...:eek::D

Nah , your car looks absolutely great now...the stripes looked so g @ y before . :p J/K

I wouldn't be me if I didn't find 1 thing to criticize....the dual exhaust...WTF ??? :D

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
holy crap that looks crazy nice. I say you should get the '04 spec V tails and it'll be mint. The blue pearl looks great.

I want that trunk now. :D

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Wow...I'm shocked...:eek::D

Nah , your car looks absolutely great now...the stripes looked so g @ y before . :p J/K

I wouldn't be me if I didn't find 1 thing to criticize....the dual exhaust...WTF ??? :D
Adds character. I like the whole shebang. I dont mind the altezza's so much, but the 04 tail lights are much better.

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DRAGIN said:
it looks great but carbon fiber and white dont mix they clash
"Clash" is such a strong word. I prefer "Stand Out." :D

BlackSpec02 said:
Car looks awesome... and you need a stock or low pro wing to kind of finish off the trunk area... i dont really like the b15 back end w/o a spoiler. good job overall, way to build a cool b15.
That's one of the things in my "to do" list. If I do get one it will have to be CF to complement everything else.

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackSpec02 said:
oh yeah... where'd you get those eyelids and what are they made of ?
Those are the CF Syndicate Customs eyelids. I removed the "fangs" with a dremel to give it a little smoother look. I put up another post a while back for the owner of Syndicate Customs and suggested that he should make a batch this style since not everyone liked the fang, but he never replied.

The construction of them is top notch with the exception that the passenger side was a little wider and had to be sanded down since it covered the headlight a little more than the driver's side.

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2003specv said:
Quick! Take off the front bumper and spray everything behind it flat black. Put the bumper back on and admire the much improved front end. :)
Yeah I didn't notice that until I got the car back. For now I'm just enjoying it though. I have noticed though that the undercarriage(sp?) and radiator support of the Spec V's are usually black, but on the SE's they are usually the color of the car. Can anybody confirm this?

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BlackSpec02 said:
I'm not a fan of those tails you should definitely get 04's or some 02-03's painted solid red...
HyperSonic said:
That's very interesting and I like it (except the altezzas -- I refuse to like altezzas :))
baby GT-R said:
holy crap that looks crazy nice. I say you should get the '04 spec V tails and it'll be mint. The blue pearl looks great.

I want that trunk now. :D

I won't rest until everybody on this forum has Altezzas... J/K :D

Actually I've held on to those since they were free from a photo shoot I did with TYC. Unfortunately they didn't have the black ones on hand (only the driver's side). I should be getting the 04 Spec V tails soon from Greg V at quality Nissan. The 04's actually come out cheaper than the black TYC lights. I got quoted $150 for both. If anybody has a better price let me know.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
After a drop, and the '04 tails, all you need is a CF spoiler that doesn't resemble a bench :) looks good.

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BodeB15 said:
Dual exhaust...c'mon it's not a Monte Carlo . :D

Nice paint job , looks top-notch . ;)
I like the ones in the pic! :D

Okay let me explain. I've read all the posts of why a dual exhaust is bad for you.

The previous exhaust was hanging too low so I went to see my exhaust/muffler guy. He had some low profile type exhausts which I was looking at, but the thing is that I took my wife with me. She didn't like how there would only be one exhaust on one side when there was an opening for two (I didn't have the body shop fill it in, since they were already over due on the delivery date, and I needed my car back. HAD A CAVALIER RENTAL AND I HATED IT!)

Well, since I was planning on this being her car I went ahead and did the change. Note that at least it isn't a "dummy" exhaust, but a fully functional one. We did a Y split about 3/4 of the way back. Also, got a chance to add a Borla resonator for a VW that my friend had at his shop to keep it low yet still produce a nice growl/rumble.

Overall I haven't felt much of a change. I guess if I took it to the track I would notice some difference in numbers, but for daily driving there is no issues.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
That car looks agressive, pis$ed off (in a good way), that blue pearl on both the CF and white paint is the isht. But hurry up with the wing, It needs a moderate one or the stock one...

Hey Bode do you know where can I get a civic like that one, or at least the dual exhaust thing???? If I were in charge of Crawford Communication, Inc. I would sue his azz for wearing my company's name on that, that, that..... thing!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice r33 kit.. i see you put the burger back on, or am i not seeing it in the before pic?? i kinda think that the cf trunk and hood go well with the paintjob. nice lookin ride there

1 - 20 of 40 Posts