B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was racing my buddy's integra and he said when i was in front of him and would down shift when going uphill or downshifting for any other reason, he'd see a puff of black smoke coming out of my exhaust!!!!! What could this be???

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carbon deposits. Do you do a lot of city driving? If so you need to get it out on the highway more.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Could be...but. You asked the question about hanging out at 5K rpm. Idid mention ring lubrication at that speed is not good. Hepefully this is not the case. But when you downshift, you create a much lower pressure in the combustion chamber which sucks additional oil up through the rings. If the rings are worn (see above) more oil will get sucked through them and cause smoke. Also rings do break and give the same result. Rings can break if a vehicle is abused during the break-in period or are defective. A compression test will tell the tale-probably.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!! I hope it's nothing serious. I also hope my pop charger isn't having a negative effect on my engine!!!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
Thanks guys!!! I hope it's nothing serious. I also hope my pop charger isn't having a negative effect on my engine!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I highly doubt the pop-cone intake has anything to do with this situation.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts