B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a bike rack on their B15? I was curious because I'm thinking of getting one soon (since I can't quite get two bikes IN the car). Looking at Yakimas... If you're out there, and you've got pictures, I'd love to see them!

Thanks!

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/PP,5-Spd, Granite

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Yakama's on my SE. Looks ok but they recommended that i get the q-stretch kit with the racks. the q-stretch kit is supposed to be for coupes but for some reason they said that it was needed to apply the rack on the sentra. i have noticed more wind noise, even with the fairings, but if you need them these racks are the best. i had these rack for about 4 years and there is hardly any rust on them. I surf and am at the beach alot, not to mention that the car is parked outside... i would highly recommend these racks....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe this can help?
http://www.b15sentra.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000830.html

------------------
911 / 944 / 935 Turbo, F355, F40, early Ferrari's, Z06 Vette, RX7, WRX, Lingenfelter Viper, 300ZX, Shelby Cobra, GT40, Copo Camaro's, Countach, McLaren F1, '70 Challenger T/A, Parnelli Jones Mustang, any Mustang's up to '69, Eleanor [Gone in 60 sec], whatever Carroll Shelby touches...
My dream.......is a heated 100 car garage, a nice little house and a racetrack for my driveway......oh yes, a gorgeous & rich wife would be nice too!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had a Thule system for about 15 years before I bought the Sentra. Since I carry
touring kayaks, I needed more than the 24" of
spread I would have got from the Thule rack, so I bought a Yakima system with the q-stretch kit.

Man! The q-stretch hit is HEAVY, but it is
also very solid, and I now have 34" of spread. I also bought a bike carrier for it. I'll have to snap some pictures when I get a chance.

I bought the fairing, and it eliminated
the humming noise at highway speed, but obviously you're going to hear some wind noise.

The system doesn't look too bad. I don't leave the bike rack, or kayak saddles on when I'm not using them. I did notice a couple of paint chips on the insides of my
doors from hitting the roof clips though.

HTH.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts