B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking intoa bike rack for my Sentra. I checked the Bike rack threads from ealier, but I'm not sure what size receiver the sentar has (if any) - I've never used a hitch mount before.

Basically I am looking at this rack:

http://www.yakima.com/products/dynamic/8002509_2.html

Anyone know if this will work ok?

--*Rob

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
It looks like it would, but each to his own. i picked up the factory roof rack (made by Yakima I believe), and it is SWEET. Low, aerodynamic, quick to install, and good looking, curvy pieces- no boxy crao. Check it out! Hitches add so much weight...

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just not sure what size receiver the Sentra has. (I'll have to look in the owner's manual at lunch)

That rack actually looks like it would be pretty light. If I'm taking the bikes anywhere, I'm not that concerned about weight, it probably won't be more than an hour's drive or so.

--*Rob

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I meant the hitch being heavy, not the rack. If you don't need a hitch on your ride for anything but that, it seems like a lot of weight to carry around. Plus, people will smirk and think that you tow things with "that tiny little japanese car".(I do that) My $.02.

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know what size receiver the Sentra has? I am totally new to this hitch thing. Do I have to buy the hitch first from Nissan? Or is there like a universal hitch that will fit? And then I get the receiver? The Yakima rack I'm looking at has a 2" receiver.

--*Rob

·
Registered
560 Posts
The receiver for our cars weighs about 15-20 pounds. I have a Drawtite, its a 1-1/4 square. When installed, its far enough forward that you can barelly see it. There is just no real need IMHO for a cover. The rack I use is a Thule, but that Yakima seems pretty similar. If you do get this, carry a bungee to tie up the front wheel. If you dont do that, the wheel sits at an angle and spins because of the wind, spraying mud all over :).

·
Registered
560 Posts
also, robaustin, there is no 2" hitch for sentras simply because the car is not really meant to carry one of that class. Nissan is probably not the best place to get a hitch from. I would call local places that do installations on trucks, they might give you the best price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts