B15 Sentra Forum banner

What rubber should I use, (the other rubber)

• BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW's...around 150 each installed

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Toyo FZ4's...125 each installed

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other: Please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what do you think are better tires are around for my spec v (dry, wet, handling, braking, launch), the BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW'2 or the Toyo FZ4's. Also im goin to put them back on my stock rims, but what size should i get: stay with 215/45-17, or go to a 225/40-17.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
91 Posts
You compare an Ultra High Performance tire(KDW2) again an All Season tire(FZ4).

An all season tire is the most compromised tire you can select. It's average in all but it's excellent in nothing. Dry, wet, handling, braking, launch, snow, thread wear, etc.

Check the link below. Not all tire brand are present but that should give you a good start to compare not only the price and the specs but what a bunch of buyers think about the tire they bought:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/tiretype.htm

For the performance aspect, i think the MX is at very good choice.

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
98sr20ve said:
For the money you can't beat the MX.
I don't know...from the sound of things the MX and the Azenis both have their tradeoffs in the performance arena. And the azenis are still cheaper.;) Although the MX probably does make a better tire for the street.:) For an all around tire, I've heard nothing but good about the Yoko ES100's, although they won't match the ultimate performance of the above mentioned tires by Steve.

Between the two, if you don't have to worry about winter, the KDW2's. Good tire from what little I've heard about it, and they have that cool tread design.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts