B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Unless they close the bidding for some reason, then they pay a minimal amount. And that's if they gave all the right information to begin the account with.

·
Registered
929 Posts
in theory though. could i put my car on there with a reserve of like 50,000 just to see what it would sell for? or would i get charged?

·
Registered
941 Posts
You'd have a listing fee, but wouldn't have to pay unless someone actually bought it.

If you're going to do that, do a reserve auction, with you're reserve at $50k, then start the bidding for $1. See how high it goes. Then just pay the minimal listing fee. Contact the last/highest bidder if it get's where you might want to sell it and do it privately, outside of Ebay.

Cheating is never wrong, as long as you don't get caught.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Cyclemut your advice would have cost him $540.00 if his car didnt sell for his reserve of 50k. Ebay put in checks like this to ensure that people arent circumventing the fees by doing retarded things such as this(abusing reserve price)

I never use reserves because i feel they arent necessarily to sell successfully. Then again ive paid 9k in fees this year....

www.nucite.com has the calculator. have fun!

ebay guru over and out!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Really? I didn't know that. I've just learned something new.

I've never really liked reserves, I've always just put what I wanted to get for it as the starting bid (not like I'm a huge seller by any stretch of the imagination). I figure if I do that, and someone bids, I win and they win. If it doesn't sell, then no one wanted to buy it for what I wanted to get for it.

Where's these checks for that stupid auction?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts