B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 spec-v SER with a nismo CAI and a full header back exhaust.Was kinda curious since i have never been to the track what i would be running and what everyone else is running also!! Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mid 15's more than likely. Just a suggestion, get some energy suspension motor mount inserts. They are like 36 buck shipped, a 45 minute install, and practically eliminate wheel hop. I went to the track with a CAI and Catback and ran a 15.4 wheel hopping all the way through first and into second. If you get a Reaaallll nice launch probably 15.2 or 15.3 is possible. Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ran 15.8 with header only... there is another guy around here that ran 15.0 with I/H/E MMI's

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok.Their is a guy around my area(Dayton,Oh) That has MMI's he said he had a problem with them popping out??Not sure what he meant but ya wanna get them possibly this weekend.Where is a good place to get them from.Thanks for the info also

·
I AM THE KING
280 Posts
All I had was a CAI and I ran a 14.8 once (dont ask me how it happend because IDK). All the other times were 15.3's

With all my mods in sig minus the JWT balanceshaft removal kit I went to the track and ran 15.2's mostly.

With your mods depending on your knowhow or dragracing you should run 15.3's-15.4's

·
Banned
914 Posts
spec v vic said:
I have an 02 spec-v SER with a nismo CAI and a full header back exhaust.Was kinda curious since i have never been to the track what i would be running and what everyone else is running also!! Thanks
I've said this too many new members of 02/03 Spec Vs, if you're going to mod and you're going to take your car to the track it would benefit you greatly if you do the following mods first:
1.) Relocate the knock sensor
2.) Remove the balance shaft.

This will help make sure you get the most gains out of your mods. Good luck! Fastest stock Spec V ran a 14.8...shoot for that!

·
Registered
976 Posts
SixthSpeed said:
Fastest stock Spec V ran a 14.8...shoot for that!
Exactly... man, you guys are putting the spec v to shame:( . I haven't been to the track yet, but if I pull in the 15's with my mods, I swear to God I'm selling my spec v. Sounds to me like you guys need less mods and more practice. The spec v is fully capable of hitting a 15.1-15.3 STOCK, for the slightly better than average driver. Seriously, practice your launches, guys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
SixthSpeed said:
This will help make sure you get the most gains out of your mods. Good luck! Fastest stock Spec V ran a 14.8...shoot for that!
Naturally Aspirated right, not "stock"...... :D

P.s. PROZACH...... Car and Driver magazine had pro's drive the SpecV(completely stock just off the lot) and out of 15 runs, 15.6 was the best time.... Who r u kidding, slightly better than average.... But if you have proof that someone stock,no mods what-so-ever, has run a 15.1-15.3, I'd gladly be willing to look.

·
Registered
976 Posts
AceofspadesSRA said:

P.s. PROZACH...... Car and Driver magazine had pro's drive the SpecV(completely stock just off the lot) and out of 15 runs, 15.6 was the best time.... Who r u kidding, slightly better than average.... But if you have proof that someone stock,no mods what-so-ever, has run a 15.1-15.3, I'd gladly be willing to look.
I ran a 14.9 in the snow on summer tires.........

·
HI Jess
1,906 Posts
15.3 in an auto with wats in my sig. it really depends on how well you know ur car, some ppl can nail a launch and hit 14's stock. some can be bolted and not even get out of 15's.

·
I AM THE KING
280 Posts
AceofspadesSRA said:

Its kind of my word against yours but I think I still have the time slip where I ran a 14.8 with just CAI. CAI should not take .5 seconds off your time. I have seen with my own eyes a tolltally stock 2003 spec run a 15.28 @ 89mph

I hate to say it but if you watch the way the "pro drivers" are shifting in the 1/4mile they are letting off the gas when they shift. I use to do this and when I learned how to "slam shift" It took .2 seconds off my time. The very first time I learned this is when I ran that 14.8 @ 90.65mph

I know for a fact that these car are AT LEAST capable of a 15.2 bone stock depending on weather elevation wind etc etc...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Besides to be honest, who really cares about stock. And for future references I think you should video your runs if you go to the track. End the end, slips are progress reports and recording it is your diploma to say and show you did it.

No beef with you.. There's just too many people in the world who believe their imagination is reality and they expect you to believe it. I'm one that has to see it for myself to believe certain things.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Best time I've run with intake, header, exhaust, ss, pulley, bsr, mmi was 14.79. Now I've got IM and TB spacers, grounding kit, cams, timing advance, and the TBB...and my extrude honed intake manifold should be back to me by next Monday. I HOPE to be 14.5 or better.....we'll see how well I run since its hot and humid as balls around here this time of year compared to the cool weather I ran the 14.79 in.

Oh, I forgot, anyone who says they are running 14's stock or only with intake are full of it and I wont believe it unless I see a video. I've run against friends with stock specs and pull HARD on them, theres no chance they could keep within .1 or .2 of me in the quarter......the best time I'd believe is 15.1 because I've seen a spec with only intake run that at the track but he absolutely best the piss out of the tranny doing it and I want my already weak spec tranny to last....

1 - 20 of 83 Posts