B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will slowly start working on my system now. First things first, the Head Unit. This is what I had in mind CDA-9815. Let me know what you think about it, if its a good start. Next step will probably be to upgrade speakers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say midrange entry, what do you mean?

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Umm... did you look at the deck he linked to? No frills? The only deck that has more frills are the two oversize face decks. It is an over the top deck for most people's applications and has 5 band eq... time correction... etc...

Naks are the decks with no frills... and I mean no frills... not even in the looks department. And generally not as costly as a 7998 for sure. I think you've confused the Naks deck's reputation for great sound quality for having lots of buttons, gadgets, and colors.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the cda 9815 and the 7998 features side by side the 9815 has more... and its 300 cheaper retail, weird.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you agree that I should get the 9815 devlynsyde?

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
Umm... did you look at the deck he linked to? No frills? The only deck that has more frills are the two oversize face decks. It is an over the top deck for most people's applications and has 5 band eq... time correction... etc...

Naks are the decks with no frills... and I mean no frills... not even in the looks department. And generally not as costly as a 7998 for sure. I think you've confused the Naks deck's reputation for great sound quality for having lots of buttons, gadgets, and colors.
i know what that deck has...it also has a lower price tag. that was what i really meant. the by frills i really meant the flashy ish like the oversized face. this deck tho, only has a 1bit DAC, compared with other decks (or DVD decks for that matter) that offer 24bit. I believe even the clarions 835MP, as lowly as people think the clarion line is, has dual 24bit DAC (as well as the Nakamichi 700II series).

I mean, don't get me wrong, its an excellent deck, but there are still better ones on the horizon. tho...$500 retail (assumng about $350 online) is still a hunk of change, no doubt

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have the 9815 and it sounds great and better than any clarion any day...and to all those who doubt me, my previous deck was a clarion with the dual 24-bit d/a's...im running dynaudios and you could hear the difference between the two units.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The alpine decks play bright, they always have and they always will. Kenwoods are heavy on the bass, Clarion and eclipse are more neutral and flat. It all depends on what kind of music you listen to and what components you plan on running so you can match the deck to the sound quality you are trying to acheive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts