B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relocating my battery to my trunk and need some quick answers on what gauge wire to use. Which wire is best. And if anyone knows of a good place to get it. Oh and you know how for the spec v there are two wires that go to the positive side? Well can I just connect those two together and connect one long power wire to that?

Thanks

Tyler

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the summit kit include a battery box? The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting an optima and they're not supposed to emit gas, correct? WOuld I still need the box?

Much appreciated.

Tyler

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
yeah it includes the box. You need to secure the battery tightly, and the box basically helps do that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i believe the summit kit comes with 2ga. (6 is rather thin, 8's thinner, ...stock is 4ga)
its a great little kit for the basic setup. if you have a big audio setup, i'd suggest 1/0 to run from the battery back to the engine bay, and redo all the battery grounds in the engine bay over with 1/0 (engine, chassis, and battery to alternator)...you should notice a pretty significant difference.

yeah, like mike said, the box is good for tieing the battery down. i dont think i can use that particular kit, simply because im running larger aftermarket terminals to supply 3 amps :)...i just make more work for myself because i need to fabricate my own battery tie down so the battery will sit right behind the rear seats (not fold down)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts