B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
}:-)~ ( Y )
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my battery died yesterday so i went to Pepboys and got a battery came home and put in the new one. After this i go turn on the car and the battery and brake light come on, turn off and then start to flicker on and off. Im thinking its that the car hasnt had time to recharge itself so i go out later on that night and the same thing the lights flicker on and off. So can anyone tell me or help me out with this problem or im i gonna have to take it to the dealership?

Thanks

oh btw its an 01 gxe

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FuLIsh - the car started up fine and ive been driving it around with no problem
chimmike - the battery terminals were clean. as for the relays and fuses ill get on that tomarrow see if i can find something wrong

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's the alternator....

It'll work okay for day time driving but when a load is put on it will not have enough output to maintain the battery.....and all the elec in the car..

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
thats weird, obviously something is shorting out..did you do anything to the elect system recently? stereo? any work under the hood?

·
Registered
465 Posts
FuLIsh said:
thats weird, obviously something is shorting out..did you do anything to the elect system recently? stereo? any work under the hood?
Trust me have your alt checked out...

·
Registered
465 Posts
It happened to my old 97 GXE Exactly the same,,,,alt the lights on the display came on (at night)airbag light,brake, etc...

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the system was done when i first got the car so i dont think its cause of that if anything ill take it tomarrow morning to the dealership to get it checked out

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your help guys it turned out being the alternator it fried and now i need a new one the two engine belts and anew pulley total = $820.00 at the dealership
total = of me doing it with my dad $170 (its great doing stuff yourself)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts