B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving to school and all of a sudden I hear thump thump coming from the left front wheel. I get out and look at it, thinking it was my springs for a reason...it wasn't. I checked in the first auto place I found, which was Tires Plus. They did a inspection and claimed that the bearings are worn out. It sounds like a scary thump sound...almost like the wheel is going to pop off. But now I'm having it replaced (both front wheels' bearings) Costing me $292.00.

Any of you had to replace your bearings yet? This is a wierd problem. I only have 66k on my car. Comments?

·
Registered
935 Posts
$292 for wheel bearings? That is something you can do yourself. 66K, it's POSSIBLE... Was the noise only when you were turning or going straight to? They also do NOT need to be replaced together - Just FYI

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Well if you don't do it yourself that's about the right price, that's what I paid to have my front wheel bearings replaced on my b12, about 3hrs labor plus parts.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Straight through, on turns,,,, everywhere i go the thump is there. Both of them are busted. I dont want to do it myself...i dont have the tools nor the time.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wheel bearings are MOSTLY noticable as a wobble when you turn in one direction, sounds to me like it might be more than just bearings. I'll have to look into the FSM and see if there isn't something else in there that might cause that.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It seems if the bearing wore out, it wouldn't have been an "all of a sudden" feeling in unsturdiness of the wheel. You would have felt the wobble get gradually worse, and more noticable when turning. Let us know if the bearings being replaced fixes the problem.

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
Just a note, the wheel bearings are roller bearings, not ball bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts