B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my tachometer replaced for the second time, at a different service shop and they still couldn't fix it.
The tach face seems to be warping and both times I brought it in they replaced the whole dash, and each time it comes back it's worse.
What's up? is that part just made poorly, or do the mechanics just don't know what they're doing? They put more lube on my gas pedal for the second time, and I'm wondering how many days it'll be before it starts to sqeek again.
Oh, and my cd changer compartment still has a gap between the molding.
At this point, I've just decided to accept my defeat and deal with the poor craftmanship. I know it's just a cosmetic issue, and SE is supposed to be an econo car.
I still think it's bogus though, for a car that came out of a japanese company.

------------------
Sentra SE, Jaded, ABS, S airbag, Nismo rocket booster. TypeR sticker, Models in swim suits.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra3D:
I got my tachometer replaced for the second time, at a different service shop and they still couldn't fix it.
The tach face seems to be warping and both times I brought it in they replaced the whole dash, and each time it comes back it's worse.
What's up? is that part just made poorly, or do the mechanics just don't know what they're doing? They put more lube on my gas pedal for the second time, and I'm wondering how many days it'll be before it starts to sqeek again.
Oh, and my cd changer compartment still has a gap between the molding.
At this point, I've just decided to accept my defeat and deal with the poor craftmanship. I know it's just a cosmetic issue, and SE is supposed to be an econo car.
I still think it's bogus though, for a car that came out of a japanese company.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow man, I know how you are feeling, and I wish things would work out better for your car. I haven't had the problem you are having, but I can understand how annoying it is for you. I'd say you go into another place and just tell them exactly what you have been through, and you want your **** done right the first time. Contact NISSAN themselves, and see what they say about it. Hope this helps man.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sucks to be you

take it to the dealer

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did take it to the dealer. TWICE!! TWO DIFFERENT DEALERS!!! that's the problem. I don't think nissan has very good service department- at least not in Cali anyway

------------------
Sentra SE, Jaded, ABS, S airbag, Nismo rocket booster. TypeR sticker, Models in swim suits.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Miami service department isn't very good either. Call Nissan directly or call the managers of the two dealerships. The managers will probably ignore you, but you have to show something to nissan. If that dosen't work, try taking the tach off by yourself and see if you can do anything about it.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts