B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've heard that Nissan won't sell any more the Sentra SE for 2002...
We'll have instead a Sentra GXE dressed with the trim of the SE and some cosmetics details...(no 2.0l, no suspension upgrades though).
We are gonna have only the SE-R, no news on the SE-R V-SPEC..
That sucks....Tooo bad! Somebody have more details please?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
What???

I thought the SE was discontinued-everywhere ?? No??

·
Registered
27 Posts
they BETTER start the SE-R @ 21000 then. This is my only chance getting one or maybe they'll be the same price?

·
Registered
161 Posts
guy_geo said:

We are gonna have only the SE-R, no news on the SE-R V-SPEC..
That sucks....Tooo bad! Somebody have more details please?

I have inquired at four dealerships here in Vancouver about the spec v. I have a deposit down for one. I called Southside Nissan in Vancouver on Saturday just to get info from other dealers, and the salesman Tim, called Nissan Canada to check when the se-r and spec v would be in the showrooms. He got back to me and told me September is the release date and pricing will be available in July.
Morrey Nissan in Burnaby had six deposits for the spec v since March. Last month, my salesman, Patrick Hauer from Regency Nissan North Vancouver sent me an article from the Toronto Sun with details on the se-r and spec v and how they expect great success with these cars in Canada.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I received a brochure from Nissan Canada yesterday and the SpecV is mentionned, so we should get it. It also said the Z would go for 45 000$.

There were some mistype however (I suppose they were), they said the SpecV had a 2.6l engine?!?!

·
Registered
186 Posts
It seems to me that Nissan Canada doesn't seem to know exactly about the models in terms of the SE-R. Their website mentions only one model, the base SE-R. However, at car shows (well the one in MTL) they were showing off the SE-R Spec V (well the fake yellow one). Talking to a rep who called Nissan, they said that there was only one model and it looked like a hybrid of the SE-R, base look but with the 180HP engine.

I guess if DropD got the brochure and the Spec V is in there, it final. I think Nissan Canada should update their website ASAP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I remember at the Mtl auto show, I asked the representant how much was the car, he said about 25 000$, then I asked if that was for the SpecV or the normal SE-R? And he said, well for the car you see here (yeah but that's just a tricked up SE... anyway), so I said well this is a SpecV right? He said "excuse me a second" and he disappeared and never came back :)

So I guess you could say they have no clue what they are selling :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
How did you sign up for the brochure, on the NissanDriven.com website in the SE-R section?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I signed up for that brochure and I got a pamphlet on the nissan frontier...nissan canada hasn't a clue what it's doing...

·
Registered
3 Posts
it gets worse guys. i went to the local nissan dealership (took a 01 SE for a spin, what a sweet ride) as far as they new we are not getting the S-ER at all. when i told him about the few of you in b.C. that has them on order he said that the dealerships were going to the states to get them. i asked if we are ever gonna get the S-ER at all and he didn't know, they haven't recieved anything saying that they will sell them anytime soon. talk about sh*tty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Longer wait

As i posted before, the SpecV is coming to Canada. However we won't be seeing any till December due to the late production start (OCTOBER). This is straight from my sales rep as of yesterday.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Guys, I would honestly take what dealerships way with a grain of salt.

I would think that Nissan would give first dibs on the new SE-R's to the high volume dealers. Then the smaller dealers will get the next batch. If you ask a salesperson at a smaller dealership, he will tell you that the car is not available because they didn't get them in stock yet. He just wants you to think that you have no chance of getting the SE-R so you just go and buy something that he has in stock. That's all a sales ploy. Many times, car salesmen don't have a clue what they're talking about. They are just trying to make a buck off of you.

This is not all salesmen. I am just generalizing from my experience. The point of this is to don't get discouraged just because a saleman told you bad news. There's probably more to the story than what he's telling you.

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's not clear if they are going to keep the regular SE in the US either. Some of the quotes made it sound like it was going to go away. I thought it might, because I thought the production volume of the SR20DE would be to low, but the Inifinit G20 for 2002 is still going to use it. If they keep it, that would give the Sentra three engine choices though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Three engine choices isn't all that strange (not that you said it is). An Accord is either a I4 non vtec, I4 vtec, or V6 non vtec. It's not altogether out of the question.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I certainly hope this won't affect the already low parts supply. Maybe our SE's will be somewhat sought-after if they discontinue them?!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it will depend on the price. If the base SE-R is $1000 more then maybe not. If it ends up being $3000-4000 more then I think they will be in demand especially to the people who know a thing or two about the SR20DE.

The later may also be true for the SE-R. If the engine mounts are the same, the SE-R may suffer the same syndrome as my stolen SiR. People steal them to put the engines in the 4 door or hatchback. That's why I'm partly scared of buying an SE-R.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts